Keto Diet or Low-Carb

Options
cort330
cort330 Posts: 27 Member
Anyone following a low carb or Keto Diet eating plan?

Replies

• PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Though I don't really follow a "plan", I do like to keep my carbs low and complex and my fats non-processed, meaning I cook with coconut oil or real butter
  • cort330
    cort330 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have given up processed and baked items along with grains and wheat. It's been about a month and I feel pretty good.
  • kcollinsnc
    kcollinsnc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started! Glad there are others for advice!
  • kabbalahredstring1029
    kabbalahredstring1029 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I follow the diet doctor keto meal plan. The stuffed cabbage casserole I had last night was amazing!
  • kabbalahredstring1029
    kabbalahredstring1029 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would love more keto friends (add me!) for support and meal plan ideas. Does anyone make keto deserts? I haven't tried one yet the have looked at a lot of recipes. I'm still in my first week and I'm loving it.
  • seancreed1401
    seancreed1401 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started keto/lchf four days ago. I'm learning as I go but feel pretty good so far. Basically cutting out sugar and grains and trying to keep carbs as low as possible.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I would love more keto friends (add me!) for support and meal plan ideas. Does anyone make keto deserts? I haven't tried one yet the have looked at a lot of recipes. I'm still in my first week and I'm loving it.

Several folks are talking about desserts in the low carb group currently. (The one linked above)
  • ticiaelizabeth
    ticiaelizabeth Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I did low carb for a while, and it worked well enough... but I got tired of having "off limits" food groups. I'm now following the "always hungry" protocol, which is closer to a Mediterranean diet. Low(ish) carb and high (quality) fats.... I like it because its basically low carb but with more fruit and veggie allowances.
  • KeiranFMAC
    KeiranFMAC Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    All diets whether they are keto, paleo, low carb, low fat all operate on the same basis of that the person doing it is on a calorie deficit. A calorie deficit will make you loose weight. All about calories in vs calories out. Carbs make you feel fuller and help with appetite so your not always hungry. If anything do carb cycling, so on training days have higher carbs lower fat and rest days higher fat lower carbs:) just make sure your hitting your macro nutrient targets.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    KeiranFMAC wrote: »
    All diets whether they are keto, paleo, low carb, low fat all operate on the same basis of that the person doing it is on a calorie deficit. A calorie deficit will make you loose weight. All about calories in vs calories out. Carbs make you feel fuller and help with appetite so your not always hungry. If anything do carb cycling, so on training days have higher carbs lower fat and rest days higher fat lower carbs:) just make sure your hitting your macro nutrient targets.

The bolded is only true for some. For others, carbs can stimulate the appetite.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I have about 140g/day which is lowish but I really have no choice to make my cut figures work with protein and fat. Eat the way that keeps you satisfied because that's how you're going to go the distance; be that lchf or a balance etc. In terms of fat loss there is 0 difference. The poster above dropping hoards of "weight" just depleted glycogen so don't fall prey to the incorrect assumption that you lose more fat on low carb.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    KeiranFMAC wrote: »
    For me, it depends on the type. High volume nutrient dense, high fiber carbs (aka vegetables, legumes) keep me full, as do fats and proteins. Refined carbohydrates, by and large, do not.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Several folks are talking about desserts in the low carb group currently. (The one linked above)

I haven't posted there yet, but I experimented with a rhubarb crisp. Tasty and I will do again, but not as low carb as all that (rhubarb + nuts would do that, even without sugar/grains).
  • sumkay02
    sumkay02 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out this keto thing, I have been doing a lot of reading today....I think I need someone to take me under their wing LoL
  • dhummingbird
    dhummingbird Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is keto diet same as low carb?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

I haven't posted there yet, but I experimented with a rhubarb crisp. Tasty and I will do again, but not as low carb as all that (rhubarb + nuts would do that, even without sugar/grains).

Umm, YUM!! I love rhubarb desserts.