OH god .. do not do this...

I read someone mention having protein powder with their greek yogurt .. So i tried this.

Dear god what a mess.. never again.

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Hm. I think it is absolutely delicious.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    I find it delicious as well
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »

I had to screw it up somehow .. or maybe my protein powder doesnt mix well. I used 0% greek yogurt. The powder never really mixed .. it just created clumps of yogurt with powder on the outside like a donut.

Am I supposed to add something else?
  • bbell1985

I had to screw it up somehow .. or maybe my protein powder doesnt mix well. I used 0% greek yogurt. The powder never really mixed .. it just created clumps of yogurt with powder on the outside like a donut.

Did you stir it well with a spoon? Do you love the flavor of your protein powder? Do you like 0% greek yogurt? I love them both. I use either the PEScience snickerdoodle powder or the BSN peanut butter cookie. I'll also sometimes add a bit of stevia or a 0 calorie flavor drop from My Protein.

Sometimes I don't mind the cakiness...especially with the BSN powder because it's a little fattier and it's just tasty. I could eat it straight.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member

Did you stir it well with a spoon? Do you love the flavor of your protein powder? Do you like 0% greek yogurt? I love them both. I use either the PEScience snickerdoodle powder or the BSN peanut butter cookie. I'll also sometimes add a bit of stevia or a 0 calorie flavor drop from My Protein.

Sometimes I don't mind the cakiness...especially with the BSN powder because it's a little fattier and it's just tasty. I could eat it straight.

I did mix with a spoon but it didnt really "mix" it just sort of stuck to the yogurt. While i like the powder when it mixes with milk, the dry taste was pretty terrible. ha.
  • bbell1985

I did mix with a spoon but it didnt really "mix" it just sort of stuck to the yogurt. While i like the powder when it mixes with milk, the dry taste was pretty terrible. ha.

Eh, maybe it's not for you then. I'm eating a whole tub of fage with cocoa powder at the moment. Ah...taste the macros.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Vanilla protein powder, blueberries and fage 0%.... mmmmmmm.....

I also love PB2 and fage....

Brb, have to run to grocery store now!
  • bbell1985
    Powdered PB and Fage YES. I don't like PB2 though. I don't know why it's the most popular brand. Really not the best.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member

You didn't mix it enough.... Give it time! Add a splash of water or milk, that helps.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Dig a hole in the yogurt with a spoon (or eat a bit from the middle), fill the hole with protein powder and stir. Can be messy, but delicious
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    I read someone mention having protein powder with their greek yogurt .. So i tried this.

Dear god what a mess.. never again.

I agree, it's much better in ice cream or make a pudding out of it my adding 1.5 oz of milk for every 15 grams of protein powder.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    I can't even drink mine without a chaser. But I use Ancient Nutrition "Bone Broth" for Muscle Recovery. It tastes exactly what imagine chicken bones/congealed chicken bone broth would taste like. Except when shaken with just water, it turns into slimy foam and stays that way. I avoid whey and soy....but reading this makes me wonder if it's worth it. *shudder*
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    I'm not sure what you did wrong but it's been a delicious meal I eat near daily. About 1.5 servings of greek PLAIN yogurt (I use chobani), and about 3/4 serving of vanilla protein powder. Mix it really well with a spoon then I top with some fresh or frozen fruit.

The only way I can think of it turning out bad is you overdo it with the protein powder. Don't give up on it yet!
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    atjays wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you did wrong but it's been a delicious meal I eat near daily. About 1.5 servings of greek PLAIN yogurt (I use chobani), and about 3/4 serving of vanilla protein powder. Mix it really well with a spoon then I top with some fresh or frozen fruit.

The only way I can think of it turning out bad is you overdo it with the protein powder. Don't give up on it yet!

That's what I was thinking
    Try using a little less
    I've used too much and didn't mix it well and the result was not pleasant
    I prefer using powdered PB mixed into Greek personally, which is another option
    It can also vary drastically based on brand/flavor.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    As others have said, you probably used too much protein powder. Also, casein tends to be more clumpy than whey.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    PB2 mixed into greek yogurt or cottage cheese served over fruit is good. :)
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Barf
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    nah, i agree it's disgusting.

That's why i keep it simple with some fresh fruit or a drizzle of honey. If i'm feeling extra rambunctious i'll use greek yogurt on top of french toast. >:)
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    I have the same issue with putting protein powder into oatmeal. It just never works for me and is super gross. So much so that the only way I will consume protein powder is in a coffee or a smoothie. :(