Handling hunger the day after overeating.

Options
Ok yesterday I ate over 3000 calories, but I did stay within my weekly goal so yay! Lol. But today I'm feeling starved. Any tips or advice on what to do in this situation?

Replies

• Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's the downside to over eating. I have that happen, too.

Just soldier on, my friend. Eat your regular amount today and don't fall into the trap of trying to, "make up for it," by not eating your regular calories today. That becomes a defeating cycle. I know that isn't what you said, but it's tempting to do this self-punishing thing by trying to under eat on that next day to fix the previous day. Just eat your regular amount today. It will all work out.

I second this. I used to get frustrated but really, if you log it and keep going, you will realize that it is just one of many days in your life that this will likely happen. How you respond now will help you in the long run.
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I find it easier on my stomach to have a 'fast' day after overeating - so just lots of teas/light soups and salads. Then it's back to normal the next day.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Eat normally. Drink a glass of water and go for a walk. It always works for me.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I try to pick the most filling foods that day, plus a small treat (like a piece of chocolate) so I don't feel deprived.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    It messes with my hunger for a couple of days. I just ignore it.
  • megslegs1928x
    megslegs1928x Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Cutting out sugar helps me. I do really well if I keep my sugar to the barest minimum. The more I have, the more I want.
  • womanisadevil
    womanisadevil Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Coffee and tea usually helps to relax my belly cravings!
    I think our stomachs see the extra food and the next day it just wants it to keep it coming...
    Sometimes I'll eat 100-150 calories over and just go for an extra walk to earn the calories and shut the rumbling up.
    Which is generally oatmeal because that always fills me.