iphone app - is it helpful?

Options
I am debating whether or not to get the iphone. The main reason I want it is for the MFP app! Is it worth it having it on your cell phone? Thanx!

Replies

• yonce20
    yonce20 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    YES! I use it several times a day and it's great!
  • ritchiela
    ritchiela Posts: 4
    Options
    I have a droid and I use the MyFitnessPal app everyday! It's nice when you're at work or out somewhere for lunch to add in the foods your eating for lunch or a snack. I recommend it!!!
  • ThoughtsOfBelle
    ThoughtsOfBelle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's amazing - and the barcode scanner is so awesome! It's so great for a quick calorie checker on the go, to see what something is worth BEFORE you eat it.

Definitely worth downloading!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Yes - it really comes in handy when you're out in a restaurant and want to check on what you're eating, or if you're out and want to log before you get home. Or if you're bored, you can always check on your friends updates :-)
  • nahhan12
    nahhan12 Posts: 79
    Options
    it's great! You can even scan bar-codes on food and the nutritional info pops up automatically
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    YES, love it...love the scanner!
  • mnsmith83
    mnsmith83 Posts: 128
    Options
    I love having MFP on my phone! I can enter meals/snacks/water wherever I am, and don't have to worry about remembering it later. And you have a scan option, so if what you're eating has a barcode, you can just scan it into your diary!
  • Spreadborough
    Options
    I have the iPhone and MFP is one of the top 5 apps I use, others being Nike+ GPS (to track my distance and pace on walks / runs), email, iPod, and social networking (Facebook, Google+, Twitter).

It's great for using during the day to keep track of intake and exercise.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Just got an iPhone. Love everything about it, especially the mfp app! Way better than the one for blackberry...
  • riacurtis
    riacurtis Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes! Yes! It is great. You will love the iPhone ....
  • jojogoslow
    jojogoslow Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I use it every day. It is very useful on the go, and helps me to plan my meals and be accountable on the spot (preventing calorie 'amnesia'). The scanner is really useful while in the supermarket, and it's like a mini MFP to go with you everywhere.
  • LoIF101
    LoIF101 Posts: 13
    Options
    I got the iphone before I began participating on mfp.com. The app is great with inputing your meals/exercise etc. the only setback I've found with it is not being able to see other people's profile/blogs :/ It's a big part of mfp, I know, but its not accessible hopefully within in next updates it'll be readily available. Other than that I use it quite frequently to check up on friends statuses and such. I love the iphone though, it's a great tool for organization! Good luck on your purchase!
  • fouchou09
    fouchou09 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It is definitely worth it! I also track my runs using mapmyrun, another great app, and I also have an interval timer for my runs! I LOVE my iphone.There are just so many amazing apps, it's so worth it!
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!!!!! I love the fact that I have it on my phone I never have an excuse to not log even on vacation it is right there and I can log everything I eat and any exercise I do. The new bar code scanner is great too. It takes so much less time then trying to look up all the items. When I need to add a new recipie I use the phone to do it now cause it makes fast work of the ingredients by being able to scan the bar codes! Totally worth it. Oh and if you are ever interested in doing the C25K that a lot of people do on here there is an app that will count down the time for you so you don't have to look at a stop watch or timer, it will also track your runs with the GPS and let you know your calories burned!