small victory :-)

Options
gardenimp
gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
I ran tonight :noway: . I do a 3 mile walk most nights, but tonight I ran for at least half of it. Walked for count of 60 then ran for count of 60 etc for the whole 3 miles. Probably not the most accurate and my run is probably another persons jog. But I am still proud of myself! I can't believe I ran :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Definately need a new pair of shoes though, my feet hurt. :laugh:

Replies

• fine4now
    fine4now Posts: 84
    Options
    WTG! That in my opion is a big victory! Keep up at this pace and you will be running the whole 3 miles before long. ((((BIG HUG)))))
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    That's no small victory!! It's a huge one!! That's awesome running!
  • ec_2011
    ec_2011 Posts: 3
    Options
    Great job and very inspiring. It's awesome to see how exercise makes our bodies stronger. You should make running part of the way your new norm. :)

I usually run in the morning, but I walked today instead because I felt tired, but your story has inspired me to run tomorrow!
  • grandmasusan
    Options
    That is awesome!! That is no small victory!!
  • gardenimp
    Options
    Thanks! I really hope I'm not too sore to do it again tomorrow!
  • gardenimp
    Options
    Support on MFP is awesome thanks!
  • marcusisntfunny
    Options
    Running is one of the best things anyone can ever do for themselves. It's great stress relief, amazing for your heart, and is an awesome hobby to have.

Always good to see a newborn runner born! Congrats, and keep it up!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    WTG!! That is fantastic! Keep up the good work. :-)
  • mackenziestack
    Options
    wow I'm so proud of you !
    I can run for about 5 seconds and I'm beat out
    Truly a huge victory :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    No, that's great! It's technically "interval training" but that's great. You gotta start somewhere!
  • gardenimp
    Options
    Running is one of the best things anyone can ever do for themselves. It's great stress relief, amazing for your heart, and is an awesome hobby to have.

Always good to see a newborn runner born! Congrats, and keep it up!

New born runner.... I like that!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!