Treadmill Broke Need To Walk Outside In the Snow

Options
i need to do my cardio and i have some sad news to report my treadmill IS broken :sad: and my wonderful father is doing his best to fix it it doesnt look like i can use it today :devil: It started acting funny yesterday when i was on it so i stopped and did 30 minutes outside. So like yesterday i am about to go out doors for my walk :drinker: unlike yesterday New york city is having a very big snow fall today and tonight and it is very heavy right now :noway: i happen to be the person who absolutely l loves loves snow :love: but i am not to thrilled about doing my 30 minute walk in it :bigsmile: wish me luck and hope i come back (although a lost toe or/and finger or two that could show on the scale when i get on it after my walk for my weigh in right??? :laugh: also how does one count walking up and downhill in snow???

Replies

• pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    i need to do my cardio and i have some sad news to report my treadmill IS broken :sad: and my wonderful father is doing his best to fix it it doesnt look like i can use it today :devil: It started acting funny yesterday when i was on it so i stopped and did 30 minutes outside. So like yesterday i am about to go out doors for my walk :drinker: unlike yesterday New york city is having a very big snow fall today and tonight and it is very heavy right now :noway: i happen to be the person who absolutely l loves loves snow :love: but i am not to thrilled about doing my 30 minute walk in it :bigsmile: wish me luck and hope i come back (although a lost toe or/and finger or two that could show on the scale when i get on it after my walk for my weigh in right??? :laugh: also how does one count walking up and downhill in snow???
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I've never been in snow but I would imagine it's the same as walking on some of the sandy beaches here in Florida. It's very good exercise. It would take a walk to a brisk walk easily.
  • Mattysmomma
    Options
    Its -2 in Wisconsin and snowing :( Cant wait until summer and i can run outside!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Just a sidenote on the brighter side -- you love snow? good!! that 30 minute workout is going to be more like a 60 minute workout when it's SNOWING, because the resistance is more challenging!! ENJOY!!

To answer how to record it in MFP, I would best-guesstimate it at 1.5x the cals.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    when it is cold out, my Dad does his exercise inside, by going to a mall, or Wal-mart, so that he can walk around and not get cold. Maybe you have a shopping center nearby? Smile, Pep, your pic makes me feel so sad for you. :frown:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Look at the brighter side, you could always grab a shovel and clean a path around the block and that way you'll get a real cardio workout as well! Your neighbors would really love you for it too.:happy:
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    you all make me smile but i copied and pasted this from another post i just wrote in case you only check this on :bigsmile:

I DID IT :drinker: my face was frozen (until i came in the house and it was on fire from walking) but i did it 34 minutes up and down hill outside in the snow (NYC) :drinker: and dont quote me but i like being outside it was a nice change of pace and the snow wasnt too bad (ok it is coming down pretty heavy) but it was nice change from the treadmill i may do it again fri my next excercise day but like i said dont quote me :laugh: and then i went on the scale and was totally nervouse...

BUT:

2 MORE POUNDS LOST FOREVER - i am up to 6 pounds in 3 weeks :noway: i can not believe it i am so happy :bigsmile:

it seems that 2 is my number and i dont have anything wrong with that :smooched:

i also realized (delayed might i add) that i have lost not 5 pounds but more than 5 pounds omg i can not believe it 6 pounds gone from my body forever I am the tortoise and embrace it cause slow and steady wins the race and this is one race i am for once going to finish :drinker: