Suggestions on what I should do with my hands while watching

Options
I love watching movies and t.v and I just realized I eat A LOT during this time. I always have to eat something while my favorite show is on. I don't know why but it's become a serious bad habit that I need to break. So I was wondering if anyone has suggestions about what I can do with my hands while watching t.v instead of eating junk food. I can't make scarfs or anything but I'm looking for any other kind of suggestion. Thanks

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    how abt lift weights
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    keep your phone handy and play games during the commercials... eat carrots...drink water....
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    knit
  • megskin15
    megskin15 Posts: 94
    Options
    Maybe it's time to take up knitting or crocheting- youTube has very helpful tutorials to show you how :) Definitely a great way to pass time :)
  • Rowann
    Rowann Posts: 86
    Options
    I'm exactly the same, so I've taken up embroidery. Nothing too complicated (I'm so non domesticated that I struggle to know which end of the needle to thread!), just the little kits you can get that have everything in them you need.

It keeps my hands busy, but I can still keep track of what is happening on the TV.

The beauty of is that it doesn't matter how bad the finished article might look because it isn't about the embroidery itself, it's about just doing something. However, I'm hoping I'll get better anyway with time... ;)
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Start hula hooping while watching TV. So much fun!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    stress balls just to keep them busy... I usually have free weights handy so I can do sets while watching.
    you could be productive as well, depending on how focused you are on the tv.. like folding laundry or sorting through things to get more organized ... even planning the weeks meals and goals.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    friendship bracelets - that's where it's at!!
  • MollyYao
    MollyYao Posts: 12
    Options
    Paint your nails. You wouldn't want to mess up a fresh manicure!
  • FattyWantADoughnut
    Options
    knit

I was totally coming here to say that :))
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Give yourelf a manicure or pedicure. Get whole cinnamon sticks and just suck on them, and put them back down and repeat every few minutes, sounds odd but it actually helped me. You could get a stress ball and work your hands while watching TV. Chew sugarfree gum. Use teeth whitening trays or wraps while watching tv.
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    do you have a pet? Scratching a cat or dog is an awesome way to kee hands occupied. I used to have pet rats too, and (surprisingly) they're awesome little pets, and playing with them keeps your hands busy too!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    How a about a hand/grip/finger exerciser? Or even just put a rubber band around all your fingertips and spread your fingers against the resistance. Or you can get some of those Chinese metal balls and roll them around in your hands. Feels good on your hands works your dexterity. Twirl a pencil? Practice rolling a coin from finger to finger?
  • jillyo89
    jillyo89 Posts: 19
    Options
    Coloring or drawing usually does it for me!
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Start hula hooping while watching TV. So much fun!

i do this sometimes too lol
  • DakotaCowboyMom
    Options
    Crochet. I do this and end up getting xmas presents done. I make homemade potholders and dish cloths. Also just learned to crochet edge on flannel to make baby receiving blankets. I love it!!