Need help getting into shape/losing weight

Options
About 5 months ago I lost about 10 pounds and I kept it off for a while, but now I'm gaining the weight back and I'm becoming really discouraged.... any advice?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Have you got a calorie goal for weight loss /maintenance? Do you log your food, after weighing/measuring?
  • sarastasaitis
    sarastasaitis Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yup! I keep track of everything that I eat and try to be as honest as possible. I did just get home from college where I walk about 10,000 steps each day and now that I'm home for the summer I'm not walking even close to that amount so do you think it might be that?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    Yup! I keep track of everything that I eat and try to be as honest as possible. I did just get home from college where I walk about 10,000 steps each day and now that I'm home for the summer I'm not walking even close to that amount so do you think it might be that?

Being less active definitely has an impact - your calories out is less. If you don't adjust your calorie to compensate, you're eating more than you need for the amount of activity you do.
  • binestine
    binestine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Agree. I'm a teacher and running into the same issue. I'm on summer break and debating on going to gym every day vs every other day to make up the difference!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    binestine wrote: »
    Agree. I'm a teacher and running into the same issue. I'm on summer break and debating on going to gym every day vs every other day to make up the difference!

I make the effort to get out and walk on school holidays - we have shops about 15/20 min walk away, I'll generally try and need to go for something small every day just to get moving!