Recommendations?

Options
I've lost 92 lb and now my weight has gone up and down a half a pound a day this whole week. I can't seem to get that last eight pounds off and hit my first "big" goal (and before I set my next goal). Does anyone else have this problem? Any solutions or recommendations? I'm eating right and exercising everyday for at least 30 minutes.

Replies

• suhashmi
    suhashmi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you have hit a plateau then maybe you need a higher calorie deficit now that your weight is low so you could try reducing your calorie intake a little or exercise for an hour rather than 30 minutes. Welldone on incredible weight loss
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Have you adjusted your calorie goal in MFP lately. It is good to adjust every 10 lbs, 5 when you are close to goal.

You may want to just review and tighten your logging.

After a few months of it I tended to get a little loose- especially with bananas, oranges, bread, wine, and chicken breasts. Starting to weigh them all the time again, and double checking on the entries I was using, kept me in check.

A week with half pound differences up and down could just be a higher salt content in some food, or TOM causing water retention.

Cheers, h.
  • tbudro
    tbudro Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Is that your before and after picture? Fabulous!!!!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    suhashmi wrote: »
    If you have hit a plateau then maybe you need a higher calorie deficit now that your weight is low so you could try reducing your calorie intake a little or exercise for an hour rather than 30 minutes. Welldone on incredible weight loss

A week isn't a plateau, nor does the OP need a bigger calorie deficit - it's more likely the opposite. As you get closer to your goal, your rate of loss will be slower and your deficit likely to be less. Calorie goal may need to be adjusted though, as calorie requirements at a lower weight are less.

OP, you don't mention whether your version of eating right includes weighing and measuring - perhaps something to consider if you don't already, or tighten up like H suggested if you do?

• Jmatievich
    Jmatievich Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Would you ever have to manually adjust calories? I mean won't MFP automatically adjust them as you lose weight?
  • tbudro
    Options

Here's before and after as of today... I'm super stoked. Down -93.6 lbs. and counting!
    dw524c0duvsv.jpg
  • middlehaitch
    Options
    Jmatievich wrote: »
    Would you ever have to manually adjust calories? I mean won't MFP automatically adjust them as you lose weight?

Manually adjust your weight for your goal every 10 lbs, 5 when you are closer to goal.
    It is also good to switch to a 1lbs loss at the 20-25 and .5 lbs loss at the 10-15. With so little to lose you may not have the fat or the calorie allowance to keep a higher rate of loss.

Cheers, h.
  • tbudro
    Options
    suhashmi wrote: »

A week isn't a plateau, nor does the OP need a bigger calorie deficit - it's more likely the opposite. As you get closer to your goal, your rate of loss will be slower and your deficit likely to be less. Calorie goal may need to be adjusted though, as calorie requirements at a lower weight are less.

OP, you don't mention whether your version of eating right includes weighing and measuring - perhaps something to consider if you don't already, or tighten up like H suggested if you do?

Pardon my ignorance, what does "OP" stand for? Yes, I weigh, measure, prep and plan every meal so as to keep my food intake under or equal to my macro count for the day. I finally dropped 1.5 lbs., so hopefully I'm going to continue dropping again... Thanks for the advice!
  • middlehaitch
    Options
    tbudro wrote: »

Here's before and after as of today... I'm super stoked. Down -93.6 lbs. and counting!
    dw524c0duvsv.jpg

You are amazing <3 h.
  • tbudro
    Options
    Jmatievich wrote: »

Manually adjust your weight for your goal every 10 lbs, 5 when you are closer to goal.
    It is also good to switch to a 1lbs loss at the 20-25 and .5 lbs loss at the 10-15. With so little to lose you may not have the fat or the calorie allowance to keep a higher rate of loss.

Cheers, h.

I still have about 85 lbs. to hit my goal weight. And mentally I still think I look like the first picture, when I'm obviously half of who I used to be. LOL I adjusted my macros in order to continue to drop and started doing more cardio.