Anyone on Keto

Options
I'm starting out on Keto. I'm on week 2, looking for friends on the same path.

Replies

• soundtrack
    soundtrack Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were on keto for the month of January. Going back on Mid June. Definitely successful. Yet I found it hard to maintain. I think you need to have the mindset of Eat to Live. And Not Pine away for the cheat items
  • soundtrack
    soundtrack Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Preparing a bit better for our June journey by purchasing MCT oil and pre-made butter coffee pods to add to our coffee. I did find adding coconut oil to my coffee very satisfying. A friend who's had success highly recommended Wings coffee pods... his blood pressure is down to normal, no meds
  • Hthrbee1978
    Hthrbee1978 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have been Keto since February. There are so many low carb options available that I'm almost never wanting to cheat. I've found some low carb pitas that take the place of bagels for me.. makes it easier to maintain.
  • dengwms
    dengwms Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been on Keto for about 6 weeks, and I love it. I've lost 20#, and have 40 more to go. MFP and Fitbit have been my greatest assets. I love tracking my food and exercise, as I'm a data person, and watching those numbers change are my greatest inspiration.

I haven't even begun to explore recipes yet, and have been content just denying carbs. At my last checkup, my A1C was 7.4. Since I've been on Keto, I've watched my glucose drop below 100. I expect my A1C to drop below 6 at the next check in August. If so, I'll consider Keto to be a cure for my "condition".
  • marieschneider1097
    marieschneider1097 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday :)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles (low carbers) tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Also, there are tons of great resources in the launch pad / sticky note area of this group including links to dozens of websites that have low-carb friendly recipes, etc.!