How often do you dine out? For lunch? For dinner?

Options
123457»

Replies

• JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I never go out for breakfast and typically always pack my lunch during the week. On the weekends I'd say we maybe eat out twice depending on our plans.. sometimes it's never. But I'd say on average we eat out 1 to 2 times a week.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    amandaeve wrote: »
    I am surprised at all the comments that eating out is more expensive. For me, the cost of eating out often matches the cost of making a meal. However, when I eat out I go to cheaper places and don't buy drinks. I live in a small apartment and don't have space to stock up on items like I used to. I used to buy carrots 20 lbs. at a time and keep bins of dried beans- I miss those days of cheap eating.

Anyway, I eat out, on average, once a week. I'll treat myself to coffee or lunch at work because I work in a place where diverse dining options exist for the first time in my life, and it is a real treat to try them out! Occasionally I'll eat out with friends or the bf for fun. The only time it's a problem is on road trips- he LOVES fast food and LOVES getting fast food on road trips. I've eaten more burgers in the few years I've been with him than I have the whole rest of my life and then some. Fast food was only considered an emergency before I met him, so I am still working on how to best honor our different preferences when we travel.

Family of 4 for me...I'm pretty much not getting out of any establishment for under $20...way cheaper to cook at home.
  • WilliamAndersonLMHC
    WilliamAndersonLMHC Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If you have not read this thread and you want good ideas, read it now. It will infuse your mind and spirit with good plans and energy to make your meal planning healthy and smart. It's as good as any group session I've run focusing on meal planning and eating out. Great work, myfitnesspal members!
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Rarely.

We live 20 minutes from the nearest major city and they have AMAZING pizza, but by the time we get home its cold or lukewarm and isn't as good. We get it maybe once a month or every two months.

Other than that its like subway, and its cheaper for us just to buy the cold cuts and buns and make them at home.

I did notice a few whole foods/ vegetarian restaurants open up in the last few months. And they sell things that are pretty close to how I eat anyway, like oat meal bowls or smoothies. But I just feel silly buying a 10 dollar oat bowl when I have all that stuff at home. If we had to grab breakfast on the way, its a good option but just because, I feel silly.

While the city has amazing pizza, its lacking in mostly any other kinds of eatery's.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Options
    Eating out at fast food places or having take away: never.
    Eating out at seat down restaurants: two to three times a week, and always lunch on Friday's.
    Eating out while on vacation: as a rule we have breakfast in the condo, and either lunch or dinner out depending what our plans are.
    Logging food: only if the restaurant has the nutritional information in their website and in MFP. I don't do quick calories or estimations.
    Family: only my husband and me. Children have their own family.
    Cooking home meals: all the time that we are not planning to eat out. I don't like cooking but I do it rather well all the time. I have been cooking for 54 years, I need a break, or two, or three...
    Calories worries: not many, I have been maintaining for seven years (+/-2 lbs).
  • fromaquasar1
    fromaquasar1 Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I eat constantly, I buy my lunch at work every day, normally a raw salmon salad. We get a food box which makes us cook 3 nights a week, the other four is take out. It works fine for me.