Weight at night versus in the morning

Options
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if any of you weigh yourself before bed AND in the morning and how much weight you tend to lose overnight.

I'm wondering, because I weigh myself throughout the day and start sweating it when the scale goes up, despite not going over my calories and having to eat/drink. I'm not sure how much weight is normal to gain throughout the day through eating and drinking.

Anyone want to share? Thanks!

Replies

• Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I can gain anywhere from 3-5 lbs over the course of the day depending on how much I eat. Totally normal. I generally only weigh myself in the morning for that reason.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I think it's different for everyone. I can gain anywhere from 1-3lbs in days time. I've known people who have a way bigger difference then that though.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I can go up 5 pounds or so too. I ONLY weigh myself in the morning for this reason. It's like if I have to go to the doc's and I weigh 5 ish pounds (or more due to clothes) and I'm like pfffft I know better haha.
  • sharoniballoni
    sharoniballoni Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself in the morning after I've had time to digest and, er, use the bathroom. It takes a while for food to digest, so if you weigh yourself after eating (or after a full day's worth of eating), of course you're going to weight more. There's food in your gut. ;)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Same as everybody else. Typically about 3 pounds more before bed. As much as 8 pounds in a 48 hour period if I overdid the sodium. :embarassed:
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Being addicted to weighing myself, I know I am 1.2 to 1.4 pounds heavier at night.
  • robinkhn
    robinkhn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I too only weigh in the morning. I try not to be a slave to the scale, so I will check every two days, but am weaning myself to once a week.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i tend to weigh myself throughout the day as well LOL.. i usually weigh 2-3 pounds more at night than during the day. so the weight that i record is the morning weight because it's the most accurate :))
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • FaithHopeTrust
    FaithHopeTrust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i was 112.6 this morning and 114.2 at night D: so yeah.. :(
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    and I'm the opposite, I weigh the most right when I wake up. Right before dinner I weigh the least. LOL
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Its best to weigh in the morning after you use the bathroom and before you eat. It is the most accurate.
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    I weight myself both times: evening and morning just because. But yes I am usually between 1.2 to 1.5 lbs heavier the night before. But no I don't weigh myself during the day.
  • bonnieclarke
    Options
    due to body salts changing thru out the day it is better to weigh yourself every three days. pick a time that works for you and weigh yourself at that same time . it is better to get a true weight in the AM before you start adding foods that may add a temporary water gain factor. good luck ; )
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you weigh yourself. As long as you do it at the same time of day, and with similar clothing or lack of. It is the general trend that you should be concerned about. Weight fluctuates. As long as you see a general downward trend you are doing a good job!
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    This is why I rarely weigh myself...I only weigh myself once every few weeks due to serious obsessive thoughts regarding the number on the scale, I have dealt with bulimia and starving myself so I tend to obsess over my weight or rather the number on the scale no matter what it says, good or bad. I never weigh myself during the day, only in the am after potty break and naked, lol
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    usually it drops a 1-2lbs depending on what i ate during the day and if there is a #2 in the morning lol
  • samntim
    samntim Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I only weigh in the morning before my shower.

The scales will go up just by having a shower because your body will absorb water through the skin like a sponge!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you weigh yourself. As long as you do it at the same time of day, and with similar clothing or lack of. It is the general trend that you should be concerned about. Weight fluctuates. As long as you see a general downward trend you are doing a good job!

This.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i go up anywhere from half a kg, to just a bit over a kg per day depending on how much i eat. if i eat right, it's about half a kg, and if i eat more than i should it's closer to a kg...