I desperately need help!

Options
Hey guys!! So for the past week or two I've been having issues with my calorie goal for the day. My goal is 1,560 and for the day of wednesday, June 7th I only ate 222 calories. I can't keep a consistent eating schedule because I have a very inconsistent schedule for my full time job and I try to get as much sleep as I can. I'm anemic, I lack blood cells, which makes me tired all the time I sleep whenever I can and never make time to eat. I could really use some advice!!

Replies

• mrssie1223
    mrssie1223 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I drink Muscle Milk Light 2 to 4 times a day. It's not a replacement for food, just a supplement, but at least you'd be getting your protein and vitamins. That would improve your energy level, as well as your anemia. I drink them because I am not a meat eater, so I have run into the same issues as you. Hope this helps! ;) Good luck to you! :) Michelle
  • jessicaturner58
    jessicaturner58 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!! I'll have to try it!!
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Muscle milk is good. Also maybe carry trail mix and nuts around with you? A couple handfuls are easy to munch, healthy, and provide essential protien and fats.Pumkin seeds and chickpeas are also easily portable and high in iron.
  • mrssie1223
    mrssie1223 Posts: 146 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi Jessicaturner58! You are very welcome! ;) grmrsan has some great advice! Trail mix or nuts would provide a lot of protein and the good fats your body needs to function. :) Best of luck to you! :smiley: Michelle
  • kellymcf21
    kellymcf21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are you not taking iron supplements for your anaemia?
  • lysa916
    lysa916 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Meal prep is important. Get a good lunch bag and pack some fruit, veggies etc...
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Make as much ahead as you can. Even snacks like veggies and dip or cheese and crackers or hummus and veggies, etc. The more easily you can make meals grab and go, the easier it's going to be for you to eat according to your work schedule. Mason jars are particularly good for that sort of thing, I've prepped a week's worth of salads in those, a single serving of dip (usually a few tablespoons) with some cleaned and cut veggies, freshly washed fruit. I also got a set of containers made by Kuradori that have an airtight seal, those have helped to extend the life of some things as well as easy pickings.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I agree, you need to have a food bag that you can dip into, if you can find one which takes small ice packs to help keep foods fresh. You could also carry some hard boiled eggs, I've seen they are quite popular. I support the suggstions others have made.

Because you are aneamic, I suggest you find a good vitamin b group supplement, probably in preference to a multi vitamin. The B group, particularly b 12 working across all cesss are essential, they all need to be in balance. You should find your sleep activity balance improve with it your ability to eat well.

I hope you can manage to achieve a better work/life balance and are able to make time to eat. I would hope any employer would be sure to support your health. Best wishes.
  • owa1s
    owa1s Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Eat high calorie foods or mass gainer (if u can't get enough nutrition from food)
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Either graze through the day, like someone suggested trail mix.

Or maybe plan a big meal before and after work. If you keep basics around you could easily throw together a quick meal. I'm assuming you know before hand when you work but it often changes?
  • Emmalovestorun
    Emmalovestorun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I suggest if you aren't already, then you start taking iron supplements. I was very close to needing a blood transfusion years ago for being severely anaemic, I now take iron daily.
    You will notice a difference fast on your tiredness and how much better you feel.
    I also suggest eating protein with each meal if you can, they fill you up. If you have a very hectic lifestyle it is even more important to eat enough to manage that lifestyle or you will become unwell
    Add me if you like and we can be mfp friends, that goes for anyone else too, I've made some smashing friends on here xx