Sisterhood HCP Week 3

Options
Here we go with another week!
I'm down 1 pound:happy:

Today's quote:
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Herm Albright

Replies

• PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    Here we go with another week!
    I'm down 1 pound:happy:

Today's quote:
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Herm Albright
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I am down 1 lb! Not as much as last week but I am still very happy with the 1lb.
  • bigbird0930
    Options
    :drinker: Great job ladies! I'll let you know my progress on Thursday (My regular weigh in day). Slow and steady wins the prize right?
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    Slow and steady does win, but it also makes for an impatient pissy person during the race.:laugh:
    Wait, maybe that's just me.:wink:
  • MrsCallas
    Options
    I am down .8. I wish it were more but I had a VERY lazy week!! I will try harder this week! :angry:
  • missmez
    missmez Posts: 104
    Options
    Slow and steady does win, but it also makes for an impatient pissy person during the race.:laugh:
    Wait, maybe that's just me.:wink:

:laugh: Haha! That's hilarious! I weigh in at work (there's a few of us who are in this thing together). I weighed yesterday out of curiosity and was happy to see the results - kinda hoping for maybe another pound today? I know, it's silly to think of another pound lost, but I am hoping that even yesterday I had some residual bloating leftover from aunt flo's visit. A girl can wish! :tongue: I will update later on when I get my official results!

Happy Tuesday! Congrats to not only those who've lost this week, but really... congrats to all of us who are still with this thing! Sticking it out and holding on to our goals - that's what matters! Love & stuff! :flowerforyou:

Mez
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    okay- the news: the scale has gone up by four pounds, and while I hate to see that:mad: , I also took measurements and saw that the biggest section around my tummy has gone down by two inches. I am about 5 1/2 weeks into this journey, and everyone says that what I'm seeing is the result of gaining muscle and that it is normal. I also am happy to report that I ran a 5K on Sunday, and I ran the whole time (38:43). So although the scale is not making me happy today, two lost inches and a big goal accomplished makes up for it!!:wink:
  • mom2one
    Options
    I haven't weighed in today, I will do that tonight. I did have a wonderful compliment this morning though. One of my coworkers looked at me and said "Wow, I haven't realized how small you are getting." :happy:
    Congrats to everyone with their weight loss and the loss of inches!!! Have a great day!! :drinker:
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    amazing ladies on the weight loss (wheres mister go?) slow and steady thats my motto this time around be the tortise :laugh:

i need to do my cardio first before i weigh in and i have some sad news to report the treadmill IS broken :sad: and my wonderful father is doing his best to fix it it doesnt look like i can use it today :devil: So like yesterday i am about to go out doors for my walk :drinker: unlike yesterday New york city is having a very big snow fall today and tonight and it is very heavy right now :noway: i happen to be the person who absolutely l loves loves snow :love: but i am not to thrilled about doing my 30 minute walk in it :bigsmile: wish me luck and hope i come back (although a lost toe and or finger or two that could show on the scale when i get on it after my walk for my weigh in right??? :laugh: also how does one count walking up and downhill in snow???
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    MrsCallas -- For having a lazy week, .8 isn't bad in my book:bigsmile:

LuckyLeprechaun -- I agree the 2 (WOW) inches and a 5K sure make up for any changes on the scale!!! Be proud!:bigsmile:

Mom2one -- if people at work are noticing a change after 7 pounds, just think how many heads will turn once you get to your goal!:bigsmile:

Pepamint -- I saw on the news this morning you were supposed to get snow and I thought, oh no, just when she had a good walk outside yesterday. I'm glad to hear you like the snow, have a good walk.:bigsmile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Thanks Momma- I am going to choose to focus on the positive!:flowerforyou:
  • abullock
    abullock Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Big congratulations to everyone sticking with it. I have found that it is super important to have mutiple measures of progress because sometimes the scale just isn't my friend. For me, in addition to weight, I track my measurments, fitting into goal clothes, and I have found the push-up challenge to be helpful. I was wondering what other measuments that you all use to make you feel better and stay committed when you want to throw the scale out the window.
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Pepamint -- I saw on the news this morning you were supposed to get snow and I thought, oh no, just when she had a good walk outside yesterday. I'm glad to hear you like the snow, have a good walk.:bigsmile:

I DID IT :drinker: my face was frozen (until i came in the house and it was on fire from walking) but i did it 34 minutes up and down hill outside in the snow (NYC) :drinker: and dont quote me but i like being outside it was a nice change of pace and the snow wasnt too bad (ok it is coming down pretty heavy) but it was nice change from the treadmill i may do it again fri my next excercise day but like i said dont quote me :laugh: and then i went on the scale and was totally nervouse...

BUT:

2 MORE POUNDS LOST FOREVER - i am up to 6 pounds in 3 weeks :noway: i can not believe it i am so happy :bigsmile:

it seems that 2 is my number and i dont have anything wrong with that :smooched:

i also realized (delayed might i add) that i have lost not 5 pounds but more than 5 pounds omg i can not believe it 6 pounds gone from my body forever I am the tortoise and embrace it cause slow and steady wins the race and this is one race i am for once going to finish :drinker:
  • tidwelljw
    Options
    I'm still Around.....Had to go check on the people working on my house this morning and I have had a busy day at work so far (that's what happens when you take a 3 day weekend!!!) I am exactly the same as I was last week. I'm Holding steady until the end of the week. I promise I'm going to more than make it up once my work kicks off this weight loss contest on Friday! If it weren't for the $500 prize i wouldn't even slow down. But like you all have noted, I'm going to start needing diapers pretty soon.

On that note we went to the Doc yesterday and she was 9 wks pregnant. Had a strong heartbeat of 175!! I'm excited!!
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Okay, so my week's difference is 1 pound loss. Not great, but still a loss and I'm happy about it. I am going to buy a flexible measuring tape today, because I'm doing a bunch of weight training with the P90X program I'm doing, and I can already SEE a difference, and my clothes are fitting better. I hope that my weight will start really dropping after my "visit" this month is over, but I think it's important to know what my measurements are.

Congrats to everyone on their great progress this week... I can't wait to see everyone's posts later on today!!!:smile:
  • txjenn1
    Options
    I'm down 2 pounds this week for a total of 3 pounds lost. :glasses:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I'm down 2 pounds this week for a total of 3 pounds lost. :glasses:

Great job, Chica!!!!
  • txjenn1
    Options
    Right back at 'cha!
  • Kristihgp
    Options
    Well, I'm reporting in (although pride says just hide in the background AGAIN this week!!) and
    I didn't lose or gain. I am however, going to take measurements...reading the posts on the inches, etc...didn't really dawn on me to do that. So...yes, I am ready to throw the scale out the window, but before I do, I'll do some measurements and see if they BOTH (the scale AND the tape measure!!) have better things to say to me next Tuesday!! LOL!!

I have gotten compliments that others are noticing a difference, so I'll hang on to that as well!!

Congrats to everyone for their accomplishments this week....big or small...if you have made ONE positive change in your life to improve your health and well being...you've done well!!!

Go Mister-Sister...we all are rootin' for ya!!
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    YEAH, down 2 #'s this morning....Zoe