Keto Success! : D

Options
2»

Replies

• mrssie1223
    mrssie1223 Posts: 146 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @mtague7733 :smiley: I am using Keto sticks too, and I am definitely in Ketosis right now. Between the second third color from the highest. I have had lots of energy. Of course, I make sure I am well hydrated and drink 2-3 Muscle Milk Lights per day for protein and vitamins on top of what I eat. Maybe that's why you feel a little sluggish? I have been feeling off the last few days, though. Sensitive to smells, which make me nauseous a little, but I think that is part of the body transitioning to burning fat instead of carbs. That said, it hasn't impacted my energy at all, just my appetite a little. In fact, I have had trouble falling asleep the last 2-3 days. Stick with it, make sure you are getting enough water, and don't forget you need salt. Your body is losing electrolytes while flushing out all of the toxins from your body, so you need to replace them. Try the Muscle Milk Light. It has only 2 net carbs and 0 sugars per 11 oz. Let me know how things are going. I am going to weight myself tomorrow, so be sure to check out my progress. My birthday is on the 13th, so I am hoping to lose at least 20 lbs before then. :wink: Take care! :smiley: Michelle
  • mrssie1223
    Options
    @CharlieBeansmomTracey :smiley: Hmmm?That's what I have read on a number of sites and seen on the videos I have watched on YouTube. Do you have a link to the website(s) you are getting this info from? I don't want to be giving people the wrong info. I am just so excited with the results, that I want to share that success with everyone, and help them have their own success stories. :smiley: I am just starting, so all I know is what I've been exposed to so far. I like to be fully informed, and would really appreciate the information. :smile: No matter how it works, I love Keto and highly recommend it to anyone struggling to lose weight for the first time, or stuck in a plateau like I was. Are you on a Keto diet or a Keto lifestyle? I'd love to hear from you. Please message me, if you have the time. :smiley: Michelle
  • mrssie1223
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @jeaniedev, @JohnnyLowCarb, @sumkay02, @mca90guitar, @TeraMB :smiley: I just realized that I was putting your names in wrong for my responses to you (Oops!), so I wanted to make sure you know I answered you! :wink: Take Care! :smiley: Michelle
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    mrssie1223 wrote: »
    @CharlieBeansmomTracey :smiley: Hmmm?That's what I have read on a number of sites and seen on the videos I have watched on YouTube. Do you have a link to the website(s) you are getting this info from? I don't want to be giving people the wrong info. I am just so excited with the results, that I want to share that success with everyone, and help them have their own success stories. :smiley: I am just starting, so all I know is what I've been exposed to so far. I like to be fully informed, and would really appreciate the information. :smile: No matter how it works, I love Keto and highly recommend it to anyone struggling to lose weight for the first time, or stuck in a plateau like I was. Are you on a Keto diet or a Keto lifestyle? I'd love to hear from you. Please message me, if you have the time. :smiley: Michelle

carbs are usually your main fuel for your body, if you cut them way down or out your body has to have something to use as fuel which is why it uses dietary fat as energy by producing ketones. if you arent in a deficit you are not going to lose fat, its simple science. if you overeat on a keto diet or any diet you will gain weight.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4313585/ keto was not originally used for weight loss, its main uses are to control insulin for people who are insulin resistant or have type 2 diabetes or PCOS. The other main use was for people with some seizure disorders. for weight loss and fat loss you still need a deficit. That is how fat is lost. keto is not some special (body)fat burning diet. if you take out the carbs you have to replace them with something,thats why keto is low carb and high fat. eventually for most people the weight loss does slow down.

now many will lose weight because they wont have the cravings they had before and will eat less, but thats not always the case. I cant be on a keto diet due to having whats called familial hypercholesterolemia and a high fat diet could literally kill me(my liver produces too much cholesterol so dietary fats has an effect on my cholesterol levels)
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    After stalling and yoyoing after a loss of 86 lbs, I decided to try the Keto Diet. I started with a full day of Keto eating on June 2nd and, as of this morning, June 5th, I have lost 6.6 lbs! Amazing!! This is just what I needed to jumpstart things! ; ) I will probably stay on this diet through July and see where it goes. I may just stay on it longer, depending on my results at that time. I try to keep my net carbs to around 20 to 25, which is your total carbs minus your total fiber. The best thing about this diet is that I don't have to count calories or fat, and I can cook my veggies and eggs in real butter and add heavy whipping cream to my coffee. The worst thing is no bread, pasta, or sugary sweets. I do satisfy my sweet cravings with 1 square a day of Ghirardelli 86% Cacao, which is totally yummy and has only 2.5 net carbs and 1.25 grams of sugar per square, and 1 or 2 Chocolate Muscle Milk Lights, which has only 2 net carbs per 11 ounces and 0 grams of sugar. This also provides extra vitamins and protein. My other main source of protein is eggs, which I have in the form of a veggie scramble. So far, this diet is the bomb! : D

Great job! This where I learned about it. https://www.dietdoctor.com/how-to-lose-weight

Good luck!
  • mrssie1223
    Options
    @fatblatta :smiley: Thank you the encouragement, and thank you so much for the link! :smiley: Have an awesome, fat burning day! :wink: Michelle
  • mrssie1223
    Options
    @CharlieBeansmomTracey :smiley: Thank you so much for the helpful information and the link! You sound like you are in the medical profession. Are you, or are you just that well informed? Sorry to hear about your medical condition. I hope you have that under control, as much as you possibly can. I am not familiar with that particular condition, but it makes sense that you would do a lot of research to make sure you are as fit as you can be. Best of luck to you and your family. I'm sure they are a wonderful support system. :wink: Take care, and thanks again! I really appreciate you taking the time to respond! :smiley: Michelle
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    @CharlieBeansmomTracey :smiley: Thank you so much for the helpful information and the link! You sound like you are in the medical profession. Are you, or are you just that well informed? Sorry to hear about your medical condition. I hope you have that under control, as much as you possibly can. I am not familiar with that particular condition, but it makes sense that you would do a lot of research to make sure you are as fit as you can be. Best of luck to you and your family. I'm sure they are a wonderful support system. :wink: Take care, and thanks again! I really appreciate you taking the time to respond! :smiley: Michelle

used to be a nurse but that was years ago and we didnt learn much about nutrition. I just like to learn and do research on things that interest me.and yes my medical condition is under control. and you are welcome and thanks for being so kind as well.
  • mrssie1223
    Options
    @CharlieBeansmomTracey I thought so! :smiley: Especially when I went to that website. It was very interesting, BTW. Thanks again! I learned quite a bit. :smile: I am so glad to hear that you have your medical condition under control. :smiley: You should think about making YouTube videos. I'm sure a lot of people would benefit from your knowledge of this process. Take care! :wink: Michelle
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    @CharlieBeansmomTracey I thought so! :smiley: Especially when I went to that website. It was very interesting, BTW. Thanks again! I learned quite a bit. :smile: I am so glad to hear that you have your medical condition under control. :smiley: You should think about making YouTube videos. I'm sure a lot of people would benefit from your knowledge of this process. Take care! :wink: Michelle

Im not very good at doing videos lol and I can type better than I can speak lol I get tongue tied
  • mrssie1223
    Options
    @CharlieBeansmomTracey LOL, me too! :smiley: I've noticed that quite a few YouTuber's do voice overs. You don't even have to be on camera. A lot of people film the websites they're on, and simplify the information that's on them. I'd tune in! :wink: Have an awesome day! :smiley: Michelle
  • mrssie1223
    Options
    Hello Everyone! :smiley: UPDATE: As of 6/10/2017 I have lost 14 lbs! That's 14 lbs in 8 days on Keto! I absolutely love this diet! Take care! :smiley: Michelle
  • sumkay02
    sumkay02 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! :smiley: UPDATE: As of 6/10/2017 I have lost 14 lbs! That's 14 lbs in 8 days on Keto! I absolutely love this diet! Take care! :smiley: Michelle

That's great!!
    I've lost 6 since the 6th. I must not be following it to a T like you are, however I'm exercising more and staying under my daily MFP calorie so I'm happy!!!! :)
  • mrssie1223
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @sumkay02 That's awesome!! :) Everybody's body is different, so don't base your success on the amount of other people's losses. You are doing an amazing job!! :D Keep it up!! ;) Michelle