Keto anyone? First time Keto-er

Options
Hi everyone, first time here and have started on the KETO diet. I have over 150lbs to loose, I can't believe I'm even typing this but yeah this is how far I've let myself go. Single mom of 2 beautiful children and I so desperately want to enjoy them and be here for them as long as God is willing. I would love some KETO advice, tips anything really! Some friends with motivation and accountability would be the cherry on top for this journey! Thanks all!

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Most keto'ers end up in the Low Carber Daily of keto MFP groups. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group Lots of people there with a lot of knowledge.

Good luck!
  • mrssie1223
    mrssie1223 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    @lillymb06 I started Keto on 6/2/2017, and by 6/7/2017, I had lost 12.4 lbs! So far, I love it! I weigh in tomorrow, and can hardly wait to see where I'm at. :smile: Feel free to add me as a friend, if you like. :wink: I have lost 89 lbs total so far, and still have 55 lbs to go, so I know exactly where you're coming from. :smile: Michelle
  • lillymb06
    lillymb06 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @mrssie1223 that is so awesome! Thank you for telling me this! I have to admit I just fell off the wagon again, excuse #1 because I'm broke..lol I hate to use that excuse but it's kinda hard to buy healthy stuff because they're pricey. But I really want to start Keto I really really do. I get paid Tuesday...can you kinda give me some pointers or tell me what foods you started off with this past week. Thank you Michelle and nice to meet you!
  • lillymb06
    Options
    Oh and @mrssie1223 how do I add you as a friend? I'm so new at this I'm still figuring my way around here
  • mrssie1223
    mrssie1223 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    @lillymb06 I think that you can see when I'm online, and you can send me a friend request that way. Maybe go to the help section. They probably have info there. Sorry, I am new to the community social thing too! :wink: I look forward to hearing from you! :smiley: Michelle
  • nthomann1
    nthomann1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    https://www.ruled.me/eating-keto-budget/
    There's some helpful tips on this site. Also, google "keto on a budget".
  • lillymb06
    Options
    @nthomann1 thanks! I'll definitely go check this out