Hate Rant on Power Balance Bracelet

Options
JeremiahStone
JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
So if youv kept up with all the pares sports hype or even just walked into your local Academy or sports store chances are you've seen or heard about this thing that can make you stronger, more balanced, more flexible, block cellphone radiation, heck it might even let you walk on water! These things sell for around 30$ or more. Many of my friends fell for it and bought one. Over 30$ a piece, wow. Recently I saw a YouTube video of a man who opened one of these "scientific wonder" bracelets up, just to see what was inside. Guess what was inside? A piece of the Ark of the Covenant? Uranium? Kryptonite? Nope..Wait for it.......wait for it....it was a sticker! A STICKER! Recently Australia filed a lawsuit against this company for lying and selling items under false sayings. These things don't work, they'r basically just like placibo pills. It's all in your head. They tested it and used a fake bracelet and the other real fake bracelet on a group of people. Guess who did better? No one. They all had the exact same results.
Now I'm all for good ideas and people making profit, but when these "ideas" are all based on down right lies?! And guess what? Even after being proven wrong and even after being forced to make a written statment stating they had lied, even after the Australian government kicks them out, still thousands of people continue to buy these bracelets. The worst part? These scam bracelets are being sponsored by some of the biggest names in sports, Jeter, Shaq,Lamar and many many more..

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    There's a sucker born every minute :wink:
  • mandy2571
    mandy2571 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So if youv kept up with all the pares sports hype or even just walked into your local Academy or sports store chances are you've seen or heard about this thing that can make you stronger, more balanced, more flexible, block cellphone radiation, heck it might even let you walk on water! These things sell for around 30$ or more. Many of my friends fell for it and bought one. Over 30$ a piece, wow. Recently I saw a YouTube video of a man who opened one of these "scientific wonder" bracelets up, just to see what was inside. Guess what was inside? A piece of the Ark of the Covenant? Uranium? Kryptonite? Nope..Wait for it.......wait for it....it was a sticker! A STICKER! Recently Australia filed a lawsuit against this company for lying and selling items under false sayings. These things don't work, they'r basically just like placibo pills. It's all in your head. They tested it and used a fake bracelet and the other real fake bracelet on a group of people. Guess who did better? No one. They all had the exact same results.
    Now I'm all for good ideas and people making profit, but when these "ideas" are all based on down right lies?! And guess what? Even after being proven wrong and even after being forced to make a written statment stating they had lied, even after the Australian government kicks them out, still thousands of people continue to buy these bracelets. The worst part? These scam bracelets are being sponsored by some of the biggest names in sports, Jeter, Shaq,Lamar and many many more..

I live in the great city of Sacramento, where our gas station arena (Arco arena) has been replaced by this bull crap "power balance arena". I am so proud... Not that I am a Kings fan... but way to scare all the commerce out of our area.