Foods to lose weight

Options
Hey do y'all know some foods that make me lose weigh bc I'm having trouble with what to eat ????

Replies

• spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You mean...laxatives? Because I don't know of any foods that make you lose weight. Are you looking for healthy recipes? I'm confused by the question....there is no food that I know of that burns fat off of me...If you find one let me know.

If you're looking for recipes I use the following sites:
    Skinnytaste.com
    Slenderkitchen.com
    Emilybites.com
    Cookinglight.com
    Allrecipes.com
    Slenderms.com
    Dashingdish.com
    Hungrygirl.com
    Pinterest.com

Seriously this is where all of my family's recipes come from...I've lost weight sticking to a calorie deficit by using these sites and some basic common sense...good luck :)
  • bebeXchyM
    bebeXchyM Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes, preferably boiled with the skin. some spices - ginger, cinnamon etc. Even though it's all about calories, it's not always all about calories. Some food types help your body to be more efficient. Even if it's work is curbing cravings, trust me it's something.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Any food can help you lose, gain or maintain weight.
    You can eat exactly the same foods you eat now - just less of them.

Maybe expand your question a bit?
    Looking for low calorie recipes? Hints/tips to save some calories? Swaps/substitutes?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    bebeXchyM wrote: »
    Sweet potatoes, preferably boiled with the skin. some spices - ginger, cinnamon etc. Even though it's all about calories, it's not always all about calories. Some food types help your body to be more efficient. Even if it's work is curbing cravings, trust me it's something.

How does a boiled sweet potato help with weight loss?
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Whatever you're eating now. Just less of it.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,019 Member
    Options

Yes it is

and No they dont.

• bethany_rose8
    bethany_rose8 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Foods that you enjoy and that fit well into your macro and calorie goals. Experiment and have fun with it!
  • bethany_rose8
    bethany_rose8 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Fruits and vegetables and lean meats have lower calories and are great to fill your belly, but if that's all you ate you would eventually feel starving so you need something else in there to enjoy ☺️
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Sweet potatoes are healthier than other kinds of potatoes. Boiled versus fried is better. Ginger is great with sweet potatoes. I don't think they make you loose weight but they are a healthy combination.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

Sweet potatoes are healthier than other kinds of potatoes. Boiled versus fried is better. Ginger is great with sweet potatoes. I don't think they make you loose weight but they are a healthy combination.

Sweet potatoes are healthier than other kinds of potatoes.
    No they are just different. One isn't more healthy than the other.
    Boiled versus fried is better. Lower calorie doesn't equal better, there's more calories and more nutrition in fried so you could equally make he case that fried is better.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Foods that don't taste very good so you eat less of it.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Food.

Seriously. Weight loss is not about what food to eat/avoid. It's all about calories.

Eat the calories mfp gives you. Eat food. Eat a balance if nutritious and treat foods.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

I wouldn't waste my calories on food that didn't taste good. Weight loss is not supposed to be any more torturous than it already is.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

That's not how I roll.

You don't have to suffer or deprive yourself to lose weight/fat.