Belly fat

Options
How to reduce the belly fat. Although I reduced 9 kg overall but the belly fat is not willing to leave.

Replies

• HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. You will have to be in a calorie deficit and you'll eventually lose the belly, it's usually the last to go but that's genetic.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Read this thread: so-you-want-a-nice-stomach
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    YalithKBK wrote: »

was just going to post this :)
  • musacaptain
    musacaptain Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    HaleCry wrote: »
    You can't spot reduce. You will have to be in a calorie deficit and you'll eventually lose the belly, it's usually the last to go but that's genetic.

Couldn't agree more.
  • don9992
    don9992 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Get yourself on of those machines from the 60s that ran a canvas belt back and forth around your mid section. That'll do it for sure.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    don9992 wrote: »
    Get yourself on of those machines from the 60s that ran a canvas belt back and forth around your mid section. That'll do it for sure.

Ha if only it were that easy :wink:

OP stomach fat is the most stubborn! The one and only reason i'm still eating in a deficit is to get rid of the podge, I've lost enough weight everywhere else, but my tummy is hanging on for dear life :rage:
  • bethany_rose8
    bethany_rose8 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Lift weights and increase the probiotics in your diet via low sugar yogurt, kombucha, saukrart or however you spell that lol. Also ensure adequate potassium intake and watch your sodium levels (but do not eliminate). Also look at your stress levels, are you stressed? Focus on reducing your stress and stay hydrated.
  • razzapool
    razzapool Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yeah same as everyone else just gotta keep plugging away I lost 56 pounds since I stacted diet and although I am happy with my body now I still got little bit at bottom belly that hasn't shifted
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Lift weights and increase the probiotics in your diet via low sugar yogurt, kombucha, saukrart or however you spell that lol. Also ensure adequate potassium intake and watch your sodium levels (but do not eliminate). Also look at your stress levels, are you stressed? Focus on reducing your stress and stay hydrated.

Although those things may be good for "health", they will not reduce bodyfat.
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    about 40 down and my gut is hangy and freaking me out.. I do look fetching in my stylish new clothes tho....
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    For the vast majority of men, the belly is primary fat stores...it's first on, last off.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    ekim2016 wrote: »
    about 40 down and my gut is hangy and freaking me out.. I do look fetching in my stylish new clothes tho....

Had to awsome you just for using the word fetching, so underused.

Cheers, h.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I've been working on maintenance, muscle building, fat loss (here and there) for a bit over a year since I hit my goal weight. I still have a little left in the midsection like many of us. Drives me crazy but hell, there's a six pack underneath it lol. It's pretty much all about calorie deficit. If you can stay in a deficit long enough it'll finally go, but like others have mentioned, on a guy, it'll be the last thing to go most likely. Being in a deficit is counter productive for building muscle so I have issues with it right now since I'm trying to gain muscle. But bottom line is that it takes a LOT of time. I simply am not willing to lose muscle in order to lose the last of the tiny bit of fat in my midsection. I figure if I continue building muscle it'll go away on its own in time. My wife swears its' nothing but loose skin left over but I know better. She's the one I have to please anyway so I'm good with it taking its time. The key in the end is patience.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    While it's true you can't spot reduce....you CAN try to work on your stress levels to decrease cortisol. Cortisol can increase belly fat, so you could *at least* attempt to counter adding additional belly fat by reducing your stress levels. But it won't make you lose the belly fat you already have, obviously.