Here I go again... :/

Options
kmtzts
kmtzts Posts: 18 Member
Hey everyone! I'm Kimberly. I'm a 27 year old, happily married, mother of 2 precious babes. This isn't my first time on mfp. I've had an account for years! I have been over weight my entire life. Well, as long as I can remember any way. My whole life has basically been about food and losing weight. About 2 years ago my husband and I lost around 40 lbs or so with the help of this app and going to the gym regularly. We were far from our goal weights, but looking good. Then like I've always done, we gave up. Here I am another baby later weighing the most I've ever weighed. I'm around 330 lbs. At 5'6. I'm ready to lose this weight. For real this time. I don't want to lose my usual 20-30 lbs and then give up. But I'm having such a hard time even getting started. But I know I'm tired of feeling this way. I'm tired of being so big. I'm ready to see what it's like to be "skinny". I know what it takes, but it's like I just can't do it this time. I'd love to make some friends on here to help keep me accountable, share stories and food ideas. It's helps to have others supporting you who are going through the same thing. So, let's be friends and lose this weight! Sorry this was so long.

Replies

• ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi Kimberley,

We have sort of similar stories, I've started a few times, I lost weight (100lbs+) and put it back on again, and am back as of last week to do this for once and for all. Let's do this together :)
  • kmtzts
    kmtzts Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Kimberley,

We have sort of similar stories, I've started a few times, I lost weight (100lbs+) and put it back on again, and am back as of last week to do this for once and for all. Let's do this together :)

Yes! We can do it! :) that's awesome that you've lost so much before!
  • gixy72
    gixy72 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Well done on making your first step. Just loot at small targets at a time

You can do this
  • jeanabepositive
    jeanabepositive Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm back again as well. I always seem to get a little out of control a few years after losing 20 to 30 lbs and need to get myself back in check. We got this!

It helps me to learn to love myself as I am and be proud of myself during my journey, to treat myself well and take enjoyment in the food that I eat. Like, I can't snack on carrots. It just doesn't make me happy or make me feel satisfied, so I have to make other choices. You and I have probably learned a few things having had to revisit this site more than once. We know what works---let's roll with that this time and make it into a lifestyle not just a diet!
  • mcafton
    mcafton Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you on your journey. I've just come back to the site after a few years. watching calories is tough for me, but I'm gonna give it another serious go.
  • bethany_rose8
    bethany_rose8 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Feel free to add me xx
  • Slcraig24
    Slcraig24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey, remember you can do this!
  • mhabing8
    mhabing8 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do it :) I'm just now starting again feel free to add me and we can motivate each other :smiley:
  • Mom2Maika
    Mom2Maika Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's not about the number of times you try again... what's important is to keep trying and not give up until healthy living just becomes your new lifestyle and not a goal anymore. We can work on this together!