Weight loss: What has been your most SUCCESSFUL strategy?

Options
13»

Replies

• Sassifrass76
    Sassifrass76 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Alternate day fasting has made my life so much easier. I am short, and over forty and female. Mfp said i could have 1200 a day which just made me hangry and led to binging because i couldn't stay within goal. I guess i must be an all or nothing kinda person because adf i can do. One day of calorie free liquids or a very small meal depending on my activity level. The next i get 2200-2400. Now that I can live with, probably for the rest of my life. No more hangry, no more binging. My relationship with food is so much better. It was extremely hard in the beginning, I wasn't sure I could do it, but the longer I did the easier it became. Now fast days aren't even an issue. I use the Johnson calculator to determine calories, and guidelines and Mfp to log and stay within my calories.

Nothing is off limits as long as it fits in the calorie goal.
    Log absolutely everything as accurately as possible.
    Mistakes will be made, correct them, don't beat yourself up and carry on.
    Be your own biggest cheerleader.
    If what you are doing is working, who cares what anyone else has to say about it.
    Make sure you are in a deficit, how you do it is up to you.

• rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My best strategy is to include eggs with my dinner. For me, they fill me up and keep me from bingeing on donuts, etc., late at night when my cravings hit. In other words, make sure to include some filling foods in your diet.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Log everything. Weigh everything, and if I must approximate then err to overestimating.
    Weigh myself often.
    Be honest. Excuses and dishonesty have never once served me or helped me reach my goals.
    Nothing is off limits but I do better with my calorie goal if I stay below my fats goal.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Counting calories. I've tried just trying to eat less without actually tracking my calories but I was never successful. I think seeing it laid out in front of me the way it is on mfp holds me accountable.
  • sarahdelrosso
    sarahdelrosso Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of the great insight! CONGRATS to all of you who have lost weight! Do you know how amazing that is? It's tough and you did it. Now I'm going to do it.