Over 60?

Options
Hiya! Is anyone over 60 here. I'm 63 and looking to connect with people near my age.
Thanks!

Replies

• Weightwatcher6314
    Weightwatcher6314 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I will be 68 in July, nice to meet you!
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hello. I just turned 62. Been on MFP for 13 months - have lost 40 lbs with about 5 or so to go. Welcome!!!
  • debraek
    debraek Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 63 and back with MFP once again. I had lost 50 pounds on WW, but couldn't work with the Smart Points. Put on 30 of the lost pounds and now I'm looking for others who can relate. I just hope I can find you all again...as I'm computer-challenged!
  • gardner3279
    gardner3279 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 65 . Nice to meet you.
  • SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 61 and we can help each other along. We can do this. :)
  • jaimee060
    jaimee060 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, ill be 62 soon.i lost about 35vllbs on WW. Then I started working out with a trainer about 2 months ago. He turned me onto MFP. I haven't lost any more weight, but I'm toning up a lot. Glad to meet you, looking to sharing experiences with everyone.
  • freeyourself2
    freeyourself2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 65 and going the low carb route- 2.5 yrs ago I lost 70 lbs but I have been 10 lbs from my goal that whole time. I just can't seem to drop these last pounds off.

I am using the program to try to determine which nutritional variations
    I need to make for my body to start to
    lose again.

My carb intake has to be under @40 to
    lose wt. I know that for sure. I am metabolically resistant
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    69 looks like I'm the eldest !!!! It's still possible
  • namastehobbbs
    namastehobbbs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I turned 63 in April! Great to know y'all are in the group.
  • karenmcmahon1
    karenmcmahon1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Karen and I joined today. I'm 61 and glad to meet you all. I've got a long way to go but between us all supporting each other we should reach our goals, eh?
  • raggiemom
    raggiemom Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm 65.
  • Superlucia
    Superlucia Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Suki. I'm originally from NYC but now live in Salta, Argentina. I teach English and Voice here. I have been on MFP for a month, I think. I started with ediets.com but their recipes were too complicated and sometimes, I can't get all the ingredients. So MFP really works better for me. I have, to date, lost 14 pounds. I want to lose another 14 before mu trip to the U.S at the end of August.

My trouble is I get weak when I see those tasty chocolate bars with peanuts as I'm checking out of the supermarket.
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'll be 60 in 6 months -- can I play, too? I've done WW a few times and have learned some good lessons there. One of them was that I need more protein to stay satisfied than WW thinks is okay, so I'm back to a (relatively) relaxed form of low carb and it's working well for me. I'm down 20 and have a long ways to go, but I'm pleased with the trip so far.

Nice to meet you all!
  • Petzwv
    Petzwv Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    hi, 60 here. 2nd time on here. This time intend to stay :-)
    After moving and retirement I put on 40 lbs that I need to shed, it worked last time so I know it can be done.
    Secondly, I was just put on BP and chol meds. My goal is to get off it as soon as possible!

I have an open diary, any suggestions would be appreciated :-)
  • Superlucia
    Options
    I really started this conversation for support in my weak momtnts and to talk about our experiences. I look forward to hearing all about your successes and struggles! More power to us!
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    63 and been here over a year. Add me if you like
  • Rick_1953
    Options
    Superlucia wrote: »
    Hi everyone! My name is Suki. I'm originally from NYC but now live in Salta, Argentina. I teach English and Voice here. I have been on MFP for a month, I think. I started with ediets.com but their recipes were too complicated and sometimes, I can't get all the ingredients. So MFP really works better for me. I have, to date, lost 14 pounds. I want to lose another 14 before mu trip to the U.S at the end of August.

My trouble is I get weak when I see those tasty chocolate bars with peanuts as I'm checking out of the supermarket.

Hi and welcome. The first thing that I would suggest is that you don't look at this as a diet or punishment. Embrace a new lifestyle of healthy food choices and exercise. You can have a treat when you want if you are active and staying within your goals
  • Rick_1953
    Options
    Hello. I just turned 62. Been on MFP for 13 months - have lost 40 lbs with about 5 or so to go. Welcome!!!

Congratulations on your success
  • Superlucia
    Options
    Yes, NOT looking at this as a diet is difficult. I HAVE added fish to my diet, which is a good thing. I have also discovered that some of my favorite foods, like creamy blue cheese, is not so high in calories if eaten in moderation. Yay!
  • debraek
    debraek Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi kids! Been busy this past week but have tried to keep on track. I'm not gonna beat myself up for slips as I too want to keep this as a way of life. Will always need to track. I must say thought that I absolutely HATE to exercise. But I bought the Marie Osmond exercise kit from QVC a while back, now I just need to use it! I still work from 6:30 to 3 in a high stress job, but only have 350 work days until I can retire. I'm usually exhausted when I get home; an excuse I know...