Over 60?

Hiya! Is anyone over 60 here. I'm 63 and looking to connect with people near my age.
Thanks!

Replies

• Weightwatcher6314
    Weightwatcher6314 Posts: 11 Member
    I will be 68 in July, nice to meet you!
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Hello. I just turned 62. Been on MFP for 13 months - have lost 40 lbs with about 5 or so to go. Welcome!!!
  • debraek
    debraek Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, I'm 63 and back with MFP once again. I had lost 50 pounds on WW, but couldn't work with the Smart Points. Put on 30 of the lost pounds and now I'm looking for others who can relate. I just hope I can find you all again...as I'm computer-challenged!
  • gardner3279
    gardner3279 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 65 . Nice to meet you.
  • SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    Hello, I am 61 and we can help each other along. We can do this. :)
  • jaimee060
    jaimee060 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, ill be 62 soon.i lost about 35vllbs on WW. Then I started working out with a trainer about 2 months ago. He turned me onto MFP. I haven't lost any more weight, but I'm toning up a lot. Glad to meet you, looking to sharing experiences with everyone.
  • freeyourself2
    freeyourself2 Posts: 2 Member
    I am 65 and going the low carb route- 2.5 yrs ago I lost 70 lbs but I have been 10 lbs from my goal that whole time. I just can't seem to drop these last pounds off.

I am using the program to try to determine which nutritional variations
    I need to make for my body to start to
    lose again.

My carb intake has to be under @40 to
    lose wt. I know that for sure. I am metabolically resistant
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    69 looks like I'm the eldest !!!! It's still possible
  • namastehobbbs
    namastehobbbs Posts: 1 Member
    I turned 63 in April! Great to know y'all are in the group.
  • karenmcmahon1
    karenmcmahon1 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I'm Karen and I joined today. I'm 61 and glad to meet you all. I've got a long way to go but between us all supporting each other we should reach our goals, eh?
  • raggiemom
    raggiemom Posts: 139 Member
    I'm 65.
  • Superlucia
    Superlucia Posts: 17 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Suki. I'm originally from NYC but now live in Salta, Argentina. I teach English and Voice here. I have been on MFP for a month, I think. I started with ediets.com but their recipes were too complicated and sometimes, I can't get all the ingredients. So MFP really works better for me. I have, to date, lost 14 pounds. I want to lose another 14 before mu trip to the U.S at the end of August.

My trouble is I get weak when I see those tasty chocolate bars with peanuts as I'm checking out of the supermarket.
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    I'll be 60 in 6 months -- can I play, too? I've done WW a few times and have learned some good lessons there. One of them was that I need more protein to stay satisfied than WW thinks is okay, so I'm back to a (relatively) relaxed form of low carb and it's working well for me. I'm down 20 and have a long ways to go, but I'm pleased with the trip so far.

Nice to meet you all!
  • Petzwv
    Petzwv Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2017
    hi, 60 here. 2nd time on here. This time intend to stay :-)
    After moving and retirement I put on 40 lbs that I need to shed, it worked last time so I know it can be done.
    Secondly, I was just put on BP and chol meds. My goal is to get off it as soon as possible!

I have an open diary, any suggestions would be appreciated :-)
  • Superlucia
    I really started this conversation for support in my weak momtnts and to talk about our experiences. I look forward to hearing all about your successes and struggles! More power to us!
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    63 and been here over a year. Add me if you like
  • Rick_1953
    Superlucia wrote: »
    Hi everyone! My name is Suki. I'm originally from NYC but now live in Salta, Argentina. I teach English and Voice here. I have been on MFP for a month, I think. I started with ediets.com but their recipes were too complicated and sometimes, I can't get all the ingredients. So MFP really works better for me. I have, to date, lost 14 pounds. I want to lose another 14 before mu trip to the U.S at the end of August.

My trouble is I get weak when I see those tasty chocolate bars with peanuts as I'm checking out of the supermarket.

Hi and welcome. The first thing that I would suggest is that you don't look at this as a diet or punishment. Embrace a new lifestyle of healthy food choices and exercise. You can have a treat when you want if you are active and staying within your goals
  • Rick_1953
    Hello. I just turned 62. Been on MFP for 13 months - have lost 40 lbs with about 5 or so to go. Welcome!!!

Congratulations on your success
  • Superlucia
    Yes, NOT looking at this as a diet is difficult. I HAVE added fish to my diet, which is a good thing. I have also discovered that some of my favorite foods, like creamy blue cheese, is not so high in calories if eaten in moderation. Yay!
  • debraek
    Hi kids! Been busy this past week but have tried to keep on track. I'm not gonna beat myself up for slips as I too want to keep this as a way of life. Will always need to track. I must say thought that I absolutely HATE to exercise. But I bought the Marie Osmond exercise kit from QVC a while back, now I just need to use it! I still work from 6:30 to 3 in a high stress job, but only have 350 work days until I can retire. I'm usually exhausted when I get home; an excuse I know...
  • overl
    overl Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, I am 63 and have been doing MFP for over a year. Not very successfully but you only get out what you put in and I haven't been putting in the effort. Now following the NHS 12 week weight loss plan and have lost just over 3lb. I keep active by walking and aim at 12,000 steps a day.
  • jerrysail
    jerrysail Posts: 6 Member
    Hello, I'm 69 and using MFP with a low carb diet. Wish me luck!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,663 Member
    Hi, turned 63 in March. Been on here a year & lost 40 lbs. 15more to go
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 572 Member
    I just joined today, and I'll be 66 in July. Seems they closed down the site I used to use, but a buddy from there (and also a FitBit buddy) told me about this site, and here I am! lol Hope to get to know y'all!
  • debraek
    How's everybody doing? For some reason I've been pretty motivated the last few days. Yay!!
  • spepper50
    spepper50 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm 66. I've been on MFP for 89 days and have lost 41.8 pounds so far. My Oncologist suggested I go to see a bariatrics consultant about my weight. I had lost 50 pounds while on chemo but the weight had started inching back up - I had gained back 20+ pounds of it. (By the way, I'm 2 1/2 years cancer-free now!) Anyway, the consultant told me they had 3 options: bariatric surgery, medications or high protien/low carb diet. I told her surgery was out; my body had been through enough of that. Insurance wouldn't pay for meds and that would cost anywhere from $150 to $250 a month and I wasn't sure how they would interact with my other meds. So high protien/low carb won - and so did I! MFP helps keep me on track and I've been fortunate in that I don't miss sugary stuff at all! It also helps that my hubby is so supportive.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,663 Member
    I started HIIT at my gym last week. I went 3 times, every other day. It was hard but I did it! I surprised myself
  • oldyogi66
    oldyogi66 Posts: 45 Member
    I'm 69 and have been on MFP for 151 days, daily logging and open diary. I have a great group of friends that log daily and offer tons of support.
  • Superlucia
    Okay, so I fell off the wagon with too much wine a week or so ago. But, I am now back on track and am down to 138.8 pounds. Now, MFP says I SHOULD weigh 135.
    I originally thought to get down to 130 but they think differently considering my age, I guess. Sooo, I'm not so far from my goal.

I've been doing this new way of eating (trying not to say "dieting") since the beginning of March so I'm really happy to be so near 135. Yay!

Actually, don't tell them but I'm gonna see what I look like at 135 and if I don't like it I'll continue with the lower calories.