Food Help for Picky Eaters?

Options
Any tips with working with a restrictive taste buds?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,961 Member
    Options
    Eat what you like, log it, prosper.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Start playing around with different ways to cook healthy foods. An example for me is veggies, when they are boiled or steamed its meh. When I put them in a pan with some olive oil and other spices or seasonings, yum. Also they do grow on you over time.
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I used to be picky, but when I was on a slow deficit for many months, learned to really appreciate and enjoy healthy foods. Now I can eat anything with a big smile. It's defiantly not easy to be on a deficit for that long but I was trying to shred all the fat I could before going on a surplus to build lean mass.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    try things cooked or prepared different ways. Start with things you like, maybe chicken, and prepare it a bunch of different ways to introduce new foods, flavors, and textures.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you want to achieve:

If you are open to trying new things then slowly add them to your diet you can do this through hiding them in food you already love ( for example veg can be chopped very small or pureed into pasta sauces and soups) or starting with stuff that closely resembles thing you already like (for example if you like pumpkin try any of the squashes or if you like strawberries try some of the other berries).

If you don't want to try new things then the best option is to just eat less than what you used to of the foods you like.

Tastes change over time though so it may be worth being open to new things, I eat stuff now I never have thought of eating 10 years ago.