First timer :)

Options
Ok, so I am very new to this - this is the first time I have ever actually logged anything online about my weight or anything to do with weight. I have struggled with weight most of my teenage/adult life - including battling an 8 year relationship with bulimia on and off. Since getting well, I have put all the weight back on that I had lost during those years and have struggled to shift it since. Either because my metabolism was shot to pieces or because I just wasn't motivated - too scared to get into it and end up obsessed with it again. But here I am.... willing to do it the healthy way and have fun whilst doing it also. I want this to be a life style change, not merely a diet. My goal is to lose 40 kg - that would bring me to my ideal weight. Wow.... that was hard to write that!! I've always found weight discussions a huge source of shame. But this time... well, this time might just be different :-) I look forward to getting to know others also on this journey and sharing experiences and victories :-)

Replies

• dascud
    dascud Posts: 9
    Options
    Well done on posting/sharing your story.
    My 1st time too on a site like this
    Good luck
    :)
  • Abbzzz
    Abbzzz Posts: 49
    Options
    I joined here 6 days ago and it has already given me motivation and is changing my life as we speak!!! I hope it does the same for you!!! I think you really deserve some good luck with wieght!!
  • Debbiepearce20
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I hope you both find it really helpful too - hearing other people's journey's and stories is a huge motivation!! And when we have our victories, nice to celebrate with others too!! :-)
  • Fifi1977
    Fifi1977 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hiya Welcome. I joined 2 weeks ago and with the help of MFP i have lost 7lbs Before i joined i struggled to lose anything I always blamed it on my underactive thyroid.
    Hope the site helps you too Good Luck :)
  • cairney4698
    cairney4698 Posts: 237
    Options
    Well done for having the courage to tell your story. Feel free to add me as a friend to help you along the way