Options
13»

Replies

• matt151200
    matt151200 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    DietPrada wrote: »
    matt88uk wrote: »
    Low carb high carb soup diet herba life slimming world all these diets = caloric deficit .....just eat less cals than you body needs you lose weight regardless best diet is one that suits your life style don't restrict yourself or you will crash

Tell me, why do people like you feel the need to make comments like this on every single low carb post? If only life were that simple. No one's arguing that you don't need to eat at a calorie deficit on low carb, but there are all kinds of other benefits such as reduced inflammation, less frequent migraines, ability to control your hunger rather than yoyo dieting. Also every diet is restricting, and "you will crash" is based on what exactly? 4 years and I haven't "crashed" yet, although when I was eating "CICO" without minding carbs I "crashed" every other day. Why is it whenever someone mentions low carb (despite many many science to back up it's effectiveness and validity) y'all get so threatened? No one's going to come to your house and take your junk food away, it's ok.
    and it's people like you who don't have a clue about nutrition ...read her post she lost all that weight and gained it back low carb is temporary the only benefit of low carb weight loss wise is the scale will shoot down due to water weight so low carb high carb you eat 2000 cals of the same u lose same weight so shut it :)

• matt151200
    Options
    I'm recently diagnosed with diabetes and I'm learning which foods to eat to manage insulin response. After learning so much, I can no longer accept that any diet is fine as long as there is a calorie deficit.
    Hit the nail on there head type 1 diabetic here I'm on hardly any insulin and I'm on 2300 cals a day 260 plus carbs just keep in a deficit a track you will get to ur goal :)
  • matt151200
    Options
    Low carb high carb soup diet herba life slimming world all these diets = caloric deficit .....just eat less cals than you body needs you lose weight regardless best diet is one that suits your life style don't restrict yourself or you will crash

Tell me, why do people like you feel the need to make comments like this on every single low carb post? If only life were that simple. No one's arguing that you don't need to eat at a calorie deficit on low carb, but there are all kinds of other benefits such as reduced inflammation, less frequent migraines, ability to control your hunger rather than yoyo dieting. Also every diet is restricting, and "you will crash" is based on what exactly? 4 years and I haven't "crashed" yet, although when I was eating "CICO" without minding carbs I "crashed" every other day. Why is it whenever someone mentions low carb (despite many many science to back up it's effectiveness and validity) y'all get so threatened? No one's going to come to your house and take your junk food away, it's ok.

These comments are usually made to make sure a person is doing a certain diet because it fits them, and not because some website somewhere or some youtuber said it was the only way to lose weight, regardless of their personal preferences and body response. The same comments are made for high carb low fat diet and other named diets and shake products. When something is trendy people flood to it, including people who are not a good fit for a certain diet. It's not a case of being threatened at all, but a case of some people having been burned before by stubbornly attempting things that didn't work for them over and over and trying to save others the same trouble.

In fact I'm one of the people who sometimes makes these kinds of comments on certain specific threads, but in this thread you can see I asserted that this diet looks like a good for OP, so she needs to focus on the actual issue she is having (being prepared for maintenance) not the kind of diet itself since it appears to have been sustainable enough for her to lose a good amount of weight.

People need to stop feeling victimized when they aren't. You don't need to feel like you have defend yourself or your diet. You know what works for you.

These comments are usually made to make sure a person is doing a certain diet because it fits them, and not because some website somewhere or some youtuber said it was the only way to lose weight, regardless of their personal preferences and body response. The same comments are made for high carb low fat diet and other named diets and shake products. When something is trendy people flood to it, including people who are not a good fit for a certain diet. It's not a case of being threatened at all, but a case of some people having been burned before by stubbornly attempting things that didn't work for them over and over and trying to save others the same trouble.

In fact I'm one of the people who sometimes makes these kinds of comments on certain specific threads, but in this thread you can see I asserted that this diet looks like a good for OP, so she needs to focus on the actual issue she is having (being prepared for maintenance) not the kind of diet itself since it appears to have been sustainable enough for her to lose a good amount of weight.

People need to stop feeling victimized when they aren't. You don't need to feel like you have defend yourself or your diet. You know what works for you.
    just to point out it's a lifestyle not a diet I don't do shakes or all this nonsense I'll admit I've jumped on every diet wagon going more fool me ....to many sharks out there calorie deficit no matter where they come from you will lose the weight :)

• Mom2ATM
    Mom2ATM Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Im currently doing low carb/high fat and watching my calorie intake as well, I know that it;s calories in vs calories out to lose but I just found out last week I'm insulin resistant so I really need to watch my carbs, I AM getting a tiny bit of healthy carbs in during my day, not cutting them completely, But compared to what I WAS eating......Im doing MUCH better already!
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I'm not low anything I eat what works for me. I do reduce my carbs a bit because it's easier to lose the calories there without significantly impacting my enjoyment of meals. An open face sandwich or half the pasta still lets me eat my sandwich or pasta but cuts my calories. And realistically, if I cut some carbs I cut some other bits too because my enjoyment changes. It doesn't hurt and it's a long term goal I can commit to.
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have twice . First time I did Atkins back in 2003 and lost close to 40 lbs. I was religious about avoiding so many carbs, counting carbs, etc . I was so miserable, and eventually I gained it ALL back because I missed/ loved and started eating carbs again. This go round I have lost 24 lbs in 3 months and I have limited certain carbs. (breads/pasta /sweets) There isn't a certain amount I count per day, I just make better choices on whats healther and its working. I think this time I can sustain
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    tarothelp wrote: »
    Hmmm I have tried keto and it definitely works no question ... I shudder to think how many calories I consumed a day doing keto. You do eat large quantities of fat Fat is really the staple of the diet. To get in and stay in ketosis In the absence of carbohydrates the body will turn to fat you eat and stored fat on the body for fuel.

your body burns fat in a calorie deficit, keto does not improve fat burning of stored fat...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    DietPrada wrote: »

CICO is not a way of eating, it is a math formula..

and this poster was pointing out to the OP that what matters is being in a deficit of calories, not what way of eating they choose...

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I am starting out doing low carb again. I did it 2 years ago and lost almost 50 lbs but eventually stopped and gained all of it plus some back. Is there anyone who has had real success with this diet? What are some should and should not do's? Before and after pics would be inspiring! Any problems maintaining?

Don't do it if you can't stick to it for the rest of your life.
  • J72FIT
    Options

^^^This...
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I had success with low carb for a couple years in my younger days but not understanding CICO and the energy balance was disasterous and I regained and then some like yourself.

Once I understood CICO, the effect of carbs on my glycogen stores etc. I was able to take off the 80lbs I had to lose in about 2 years back in 2013. I wouldn't say I hated being low carb but what ultimately ruined it for me was my ignorance to CICO and this time, while my carbs are lowish, I understand the mechanics of weight loss. Good luck OP
  • J72FIT
    Options
    I had success with low carb for a couple years in my younger days but not understanding CICO and the energy balance was disasterous and I regained and then some like yourself.

Once I understood CICO, the effect of carbs on my glycogen stores etc. I was able to take off the 80lbs I had to lose in about 2 years back in 2013. I wouldn't say I hated being low carb but what ultimately ruined it for me was my ignorance to CICO and this time, while my carbs are lowish, I understand the mechanics of weight loss. Good luck OP

+1
  • J72FIT
    Options
    Hmmm I have tried keto and it definitely works no question ... I shudder to think how many calories I consumed a day doing keto. You do eat large quantities of fat Fat is really the staple of the diet. To get in and stay in ketosis In the absence of carbohydrates the body will turn to fat you eat and stored fat on the body for fuel.

Not unless you are in a deficit...
  • matt151200
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »

Not unless you are in a deficit...
    Yup spot on there buddy
  • jajohnso77
    jajohnso77 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Been doing keto since December combined with a 20/4 IF routine consuming max 1700 calories per day. I've lost 55lbs and I feel amazing. I typically eat between ~6pm-~9pm and have plenty of energy, no mid-morning crash, no afternoon crash and no cravings. I take a few supplements and drink 80-100oz of water per day. I've got about 50lbs left until I hit my goal weight and I don't plan on introducing carbs back in full time. Too much risk associated with negative metabolic reactions. I just plan to switch back to lazy keto and not focus as much on a calorie deficit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!