Huge bloat from Rotisserie Chicken

Options
Has anyone experienced a HUGE bloat the day after a rotisserie chicken? I did eat the skin too. But, I am up 2.5 pounds. That's crazy.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I've never experienced that but the sodium could definitely be a factor if you had more than usual.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I've never gotten bloated from rotisserie chicken, and I eat it regularly. However, I don't eat the skin. I'm thinking much of the seasoning is on the skin, so it'll probably be high in sodium.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Its a big sodium hit for sure. I have started getting chicken with no sodium added and cooking it on the grill for dinner and a couple of lunches so I can avoid the sodium. Cooking on the grill is so much better now that I use a thermometer. I cook it to 155 and let it rest for 5 minutes under foil. The temp goes up to 165 and it is nice and juicey.
  • acmorris77
    acmorris77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Going to drink a lot of water today. I can't resist the skin, I know I should!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    acmorris77 wrote: »
    Thanks. Going to drink a lot of water today. I can't resist the skin, I know I should!

As long as you understand what's happening, and have the calories, don't give up on the skin.

It's like me with Sushi. Can go up 2 lbs after having sushi as I use too much soy sauce. But it goes away after a couple of days.
  • acmorris77
    acmorris77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    @tacklewasher Yes, I have been within my calories, actually a little under the past few days, so I will have the skin moving forward. I just won't weigh for a few days!