just realized that i've been on a plateau for 6 months

Options
i went to dr yesterday and realized that i've been the same weight for 6 months. i have lost 95 lbs by eating smaller portions and trying to make good choices. a while back, i started keeping a food journal. when i started noticing that i wasn't losing weight, i decided to put 2 weeks of my food journal into myfitnesspal. the data showed that i was eating a little bit over what i should. i started journaling in myfitnesspal about a month ago. one of the things i realized is that i'm at the weight that i was for years before i put on the weight due to medication. i normally excercise 2-3x a week. please, give me advise that i can get back on the journey of getting to my goal weight. Many Thanks

Replies

• andyzee69
    andyzee69 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Are you doing any exercise as well? Not just cardio but resistance training. Muscle mass helps to burn fat, though it does weigh more. Of course, don't just focus on your weight. Use how your clothes fit as a guide also, as you could be losing inches around your waist, chest, etc which won't always show up as weight loss, but you are still losing
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Well, you don't give us much here...

When you get close to a goal weight, or even a little bit overweight according to BMI, it becomes a lot more difficult to lose more. The margins for error with food are very slim, because the amount you can comfortably cut calories and maintain that is a small number.

I've been at my maintenance weight for many years, I weigh what I did when I was in my twenties. Those last 15 pounds I lost took me nine months. I had to log every bite I took and weigh everything on my food scale. I ate 13 out of 14 meals a week prepared by me so I knew exactly what I was eating.

Some people are able to do it other ways, that's what worked for me. I didn't increase my exercise a whole lot, I did add an additional day or hour here and there. For me I knew it was the food. I love to eat and I am not good at keeping my portions in line.

The body wants to keep a layer of fat - I had to fight it to let go of that last few pounds and it's just slow going.
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Welcome!