Stuck

Options
Hi all !! I'm not new to the "get fit" rat race but my real struggle is the slump I'm in....I can't seem to kick start the pounds dropping off again. My body seemed to have reached a comfy weight and is fighting me on dropping more weight. I'm here for the support and tips of the trade honestly. Wish me luck!

Replies

• EthanPierre
    EthanPierre Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That is precisely my story as well...I totally empathize with you!
  • SameGoofyMe
    SameGoofyMe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Age is not my buddy! It's so much more challenging at 44...
  • EthanPierre
    EthanPierre Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Again, you're singing my tune. I too am 44! Not sure what my hang up is...used to be a gym rat now I'm just not that into it but I want to be into it again. Gained just enough to feel uncomfortable but not enough to get motivated. But it's coming and my dedication is taking a turn to healthy again. Blessings on our journey!
  • SameGoofyMe
    Options
    Honestly, I've enjoyed the crazy road to the destination, lots of life lessons and self awareness.
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome! <3
  • SameGoofyMe
    Options
    Hello!
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    A good kick is to put money you don't have into something. I know that sounds vain and silly, but if you pay up front for a gym with great classes, a full Y membership, or a private studio (like yoga or boot camp)... knowing you can't get the money back means committing to showing up. Groupon may be full if junk.... but when I search "local" I find endless coupons for "5 Yoga sessions at _____ for___ dollars". Buy those and just set a temporary goal of using those 5 Yoga sessions or 3 Boot Camps.

I also get rid of my favorite, and I most expensive "fatter" clothes and leave myself only smaller sizes and start putting things in my online cart ready to purchase in my goal size. Add in buying clothes that are a little larger than your goal weight so that you have something to wear while achieving mini goals (losing 2 sizes, and 4 sizes, and etc).

I was about 173 lbs March 15th this year and am 147lbs now. It's not a ton, but I strength train and focus on how I want my body to look again vs how much I want to weigh. I was around Size 11 and can easily fit a Size 7 now. Mediums are very loose on me in general sizes and I lost a full cup size (helloooo being able to wear bralettes again! YAASSSS!)

I'd like to get back to my former weight and size, but with added muscle, I may not need to lose another 13 lbs. Maybe 10. Who knows. But I'm proud and feel OK at this weight right now. Mini goals are good for reassessment and to make it all seem less "impossible". Because it's really not! You can look really good, really soon in the grand scheme of how long you've probably felt bad about your health or looks.

I want to feel strong and look good. That's me. Be honest about your end goal and decide what you want most and stick to committing to that outfit, that race, that kickboxing class, new bikini or whatever you dream of being at the end of this. It'll arrive before you know it.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Use a food scale?
  • jennpinklady
    jennpinklady Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Watch Forks over Knifes on Netflix. This may give you some insights.
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 610 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm 41. Down 25 to 27 pounds for the year. This flow chart is a really great way to figure out what is going wrong:

lnlsifn4xsdn.jpg
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    When you're in a healthy weight range and relatively lean, it's slow. I've been back at it for 5 weeks or so and I'm JUST starting to see some differences. Nevermind the scale. It's painful to even look at it. I lose weight at a snails pace