Cheeseaholics (not-so) Anonymous

Replies

• leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    I love cheese!

Welcome to the club!
  • leanitup123
    Sartori Raspberry Bellavitano. Shaved on a salad. So fresh. So good.
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    I just had a whole bunch of cheese!!! It got to stop!!! Help
  • leanitup123
    I just had a whole bunch of cheese!!! It got to stop!!! Help

Um -- no need to feel guilty?
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Cheddar Gorge is Majestic! No wonder such excellent cheese formed there!
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,828 Member
    Rarely a day goes by that I don't have cheese and I've managed to lose 90 pounds. It's all about fitting it into your calories. For lunch today I had crusty dark bread from the farmers market, branston pickle, and gouda from grass fed cows. Amazing! No one on here has mentioned that wondrous Swiss creation, the raclette. We used to always have a cheese fondue on Christmas eve (made from scratch with emmentaler and gruyere) but the last couple of years we've had a raclette instead. Raclette cheese smells awful but tastes devine :) I'm salivating as I read all the posts on here *sigh*
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Went to Wegmans yesterday and cried again at the insane price of the good French cheeses I grew up with. I just make do with the 50% off fridge at Shop Rite nowadays... only way it's actually affordable if you want anything else than cheddar.
    Rarely a day goes by that I don't have cheese and I've managed to lose 90 pounds. It's all about fitting it into your calories. For lunch today I had crusty dark bread from the farmers market, branston pickle, and gouda from grass fed cows. Amazing! No one on here has mentioned that wondrous Swiss creation, the raclette. We used to always have a cheese fondue on Christmas eve (made from scratch with emmentaler and gruyere) but the last couple of years we've had a raclette instead. Raclette cheese smells awful but tastes devine :) I'm salivating as I read all the posts on here *sigh*

I buy it occasionally at Whole Foods. I melt a couple slices on potatoes in the oven and have some ham or other cured meats with it. So tasty. We used to have raclette parties in France too...

And fondue! But you need to add some appenzeller to go with your gruyere and emmentaler... it's just tastier (I cry at the Melting Pot's idea of a classic Swiss alp fondue). You can add that to the list of things I haven't had once in the last 5 years though because it's just an insane number of calories.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,027 Member
    Yesterday's farmers market acquisition: Nice wedge of brie with apricots and almonds. Yum.
  • ridiculous59
    Francl27 wrote: »

And fondue! But you need to add some appenzeller to go with your gruyere and emmentaler... it's just tastier (I cry at the Melting Pot's idea of a classic Swiss alp fondue). You can add that to the list of things I haven't had once in the last 5 years though because it's just an insane number of calories.

When we moved back home from Europe I bought the "Swiss Knight" brand of prepared cheese fondue at the local grocery store and yep, just about cried too. I thought maybe it was me and that eating it in my kitchen in Canada just wasn't the same as enjoying it on the ski slopes of Switzerland. So I didn't eat it for a long while (though my husband still did). Then I decided to try making it myself with the gruyere, emmantaler, wine, and kirschwasser. Oh yeh baby!! That's what I'm talking about!! Guess I'll have to throw in some appenzeller now. Thanks for the suggestion :)
  • Picoides
    Picoides Posts: 16 Member
    I love any and all cheese, except cottage cheese (which I refuse to accept is cheese) and mild cheddar (I don't understand the point of it).

For my birthday, we go to a local restaurant and I have an entire order of saganaki to myself.

My favourite cheese is Black Bomber extra-aged cheddar from Snowdonia. It's in black wax and looks like a hockey puck. I would eat the entire thing in one sitting if I let myself. I actually moan when I eat it - it's embarrassing.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

When we moved back home from Europe I bought the "Swiss Knight" brand of prepared cheese fondue at the local grocery store and yep, just about cried too. I thought maybe it was me and that eating it in my kitchen in Canada just wasn't the same as enjoying it on the ski slopes of Switzerland. So I didn't eat it for a long while (though my husband still did). Then I decided to try making it myself with the gruyere, emmantaler, wine, and kirschwasser. Oh yeh baby!! That's what I'm talking about!! Guess I'll have to throw in some appenzeller now. Thanks for the suggestion :)

I add nutmeg and a bit of lemon juice but yeah, that's how I do it. It just costs about $22 in cheese here. Sigh.
  • leanitup123
    Picoides wrote: »
    I love any and all cheese, except cottage cheese (which I refuse to accept is cheese) and mild cheddar (I don't understand the point of it).

For my birthday, we go to a local restaurant and I have an entire order of saganaki to myself.

My favourite cheese is Black Bomber extra-aged cheddar from Snowdonia. It's in black wax and looks like a hockey puck. I would eat the entire thing in one sitting if I let myself. I actually moan when I eat it - it's embarrassing.

Aged cheddar is a blessing.
  • ridiculous59
    Picoides wrote: »

Aged cheddar is a blessing.

So is saganaki :)
  • delaclos99
    delaclos99 Posts: 53 Member
    Potatoes, raclette and bacon is a heavenly combination.
  • leanitup123
    delaclos99 wrote: »
    Potatoes, raclette and bacon is a heavenly combination.

RT
  • williamwj2017
    williamwj2017 Posts: 79 Member
    Cheese is my worst enemy in the mornings...always raining down cheese on my eggs as well as salsa.
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    anything dry, aged, and imported. the stinkier, the better!