Cheeseaholics (not-so) Anonymous

Options

Replies

• CNG24
    CNG24 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I love love cheese - Brie and Gouda are my two favs!!! I would literally eat cheese on practically anything lol
  • lainy1979
    lainy1979 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Something as simple as a big chunk of cheddar on thick white crusty bread with best butter can bring so much joy! Or a good brie on thick cut french stick and a few grapes. Or mozzarella with vine tomatoes and black olives. Before mfp that would be my weekend treat. Not so much now I'm calorie counting. Jesus now I want cheese.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    lainy1979 wrote: »
    I'm a self confessed cheese *kitten*! Extra mature cheddar, brie, buffalo mozzarella are my favourites. I recently tried a strong cheddar with walnuts from a local farm shop it was amazing. Love cheese.

That sounds delicious and dangerous!
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I love stinky cheese. The stinkier the better.
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love that Aldi often has imported cheeses that I would not be able to try because of expense if I found them anywhere else. Possibly the best thing I've tried that way was the Transyvanian Hard Cheese at Hallowe'en time.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    No one else for gjetost? :frowning: Oh well. At least I have that word in my auto-complete now. I'm teaching my phone Norwegian.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I love that Aldi often has imported cheeses that I would not be able to try because of expense if I found them anywhere else. Possibly the best thing I've tried that way was the Transyvanian Hard Cheese at Hallowe'en time.

My Aldis has a pot of Apple and Horseradish cream cheese that was calling my name. I regret not getting it. But I did get a bottle of pear and gorgonzola dressing.

My hubby wants to know where alll the colby and cheddar marble cheese went. I know nothing. :*
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I loooove gorgonzola.
  • CNG24
    CNG24 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I just love cheese. Period.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    Cranberry Wensleydale
    Chèvre with Honey
    Smoked Gruyère
    Aged White Cheddar
    Feta
    Comté

So much cheese, so little time.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Cheese-lovers rejoice - this thread is for you. If you're anything like me, you could talk about (and eat) cheese all day and never tire of it. So I dedicate this thread to all my cheese-loving friends to post and fantasize about cheese, because a life without cheese is no life at all.

This is one of the most beautiful speeches I have ever read - or heard. *wipes tear*

I have 300ish grams of gorgonzola cheese fries with green onion left for tonight. <3 I worked hard to up my activity yesterday and today so I may not lose, but won't gain anything and can eat all 600-700 grams of them (between last night and tonight). Worth every calorie!
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Aarjono wrote: »
    I loooove gorgonzola.

With brussels and bacon. Yum...
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    CodysKeto wrote: »
    I made fat heads pizza that used up all of my cheese but so worth it

That looks so good.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    My dad's side of the family is Scandinavian and he always has a block of gjetost. I always use a dull steak knife to cut it so all I get is a couple of slivers. I could eat the block like an apple if I allowed myself.

I love gietost on a piece of knekkebrod or Danish brown bread. I have to ration it as well. (My mother's family is Norwegian.)

I don't suppose there'd be nearly as much support for a pickled herring thread.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Also, my school-age kids complain if I get the 6-month New York sharp cheddar instead of the 9-month Vermont.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm still a tyro at cheese-appreciation, but I'm willing to learn more.
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    No one else for gjetost? :frowning: Oh well. At least I have that word in my auto-complete now. I'm teaching my phone Norwegian.

I've never had the opportunity to try it, but I'll be on the lookout for it.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,755 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Well-aged cheddar (someone here mentioned Welsh cheddar, I love the stuff. At my local Trader Joe's they sell cheddar from grass-fed cows in New Zealand)
    Gouda, both smoked and not
    Manchego
    Mimolette
    Parmesan shavings on my salad (especially on arugula with balsamic). Whole Foods also has some sort of Parmesan-only wafers that are really tasty.
    Jack (either plain, pepper or garlic)
    Boursin (just had an omelet with chicken, Boursin, rosemary and sun-dried tomato bits - great stuff!)
    Soft goat cheese (either plain or with herbs)

My husband (from the UK) thinks that Americans put cheese on everything. No idea how he got that impression. "Cheese ice cream, cheese coffee,..."