Cheeseaholics (not-so) Anonymous

Options

Replies

• EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I just ate a few slices, I could honestly eat a whole block. I love cheese. I will never, ever, ever, ever hive it up.
  • emcat3
    emcat3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm going to ask for some help in identifying a sample of cheese I one had at a medieval dinner. It was a white cheese with a texture similar to jack or swiss (no holes). The thing I can remember most was it smelled like dirty sneakers but it tasted better than it smelled. Any Ideas?
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I love that Aldi often has imported cheeses that I would not be able to try because of expense if I found them anywhere else. Possibly the best thing I've tried that way was the Transyvanian Hard Cheese at Hallowe'en time.

YES THIS.

... I may or may not have bought eight wedges and stuffed seven into my freezer. o:) I'm sure the cheeselites are properly horrified by this, but the alternative was not having any for A WHOLE YEAR.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    No one else for gjetost? :frowning: Oh well. At least I have that word in my auto-complete now. I'm teaching my phone Norwegian.

@PaulaWallaDingDong OMG, gjetost! I haven't had that since I was a kid. My mom used to try and tell me "it tastes like peanut butter". Uh, no mom. It doesn't. LOL I'm more of a nokkelost fan, myself.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I love cheese. Cheese any day over sweets. Can almost always resist a cinnamon bun or ice cream, but put out a plate of cheese and crackers and it's over.

I lived on ritz and babybels through the first 12 weeks of my pregnancies. Only thing that sounded good.

I'm a pretty equal opportunity cheese lover. Love a good St. Andre or sharp cheddar. Or a creamy blue or a tangy goat cheese. But have a soft spot for Land o'lakes white american from the deli.
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I just came back from a week-long trip in Italy, where I'm pretty sure I ate my weight in cheese (and gelato...and wine...), but the cheese! So freaking good. Fresh mozzarella, fresh burrata. I'm going through some serious withdrawl now that I'm back.
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I love cheese, all kinds. My mother's family is German and I still get nostalgic while eating a limburger sandwich with red onion and brown mustard. Sigh....
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I love all types of cheese except for swiss (no idea why, just yuk). The one cheese we found that the whole family loves is Colby Jack but sadly we cannot buy it where we live in Canada. We ended up buying and trying it accidentally while visiting family in Florida. While I am Canadian I was born in England and I still have a strong accent. When I asked the guy behind the deli counter for corned beef, he misunderstood me and gave me Colby Jack (I still get teased about that). I bought it anyway and ended up going back for more. My favorite is still stilton, Oka, and a nice piece of old cheddar.
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    tjones0411 wrote: »
    I just came back from a week-long trip in Italy, where I'm pretty sure I ate my weight in cheese (and gelato...and wine...), but the cheese! So freaking good. Fresh mozzarella, fresh burrata. I'm going through some serious withdrawl now that I'm back.

Damn jealous!
  • leanitup123
    Options
    Is "EZ cheese" cheese? Debate.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

It's cheese enough for my purposes.
  • delaclos99
    delaclos99 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    In the fridge at the moment...
    Feta, brie, mature cheddar, Stinking Bishop, pecorino romano, parmesan, goats cheese with honey. Gorgonzola finished tonight in pasta with pear and walnuts.

A bit of cheese, bread/crackers, grapes/apple/pear, walnuts and a small glass of wine is the best supper, especially when it's hot and I can't be arsed to cook. Guaranteed sense of well being.
  • leanitup123
    Options
    delaclos99 wrote: »
    In the fridge at the moment...
    Feta, brie, mature cheddar, Stinking Bishop, pecorino romano, parmesan, goats cheese with honey. Gorgonzola finished tonight in pasta with pear and walnuts.

A bit of cheese, bread/crackers, grapes/apple/pear, walnuts and a small glass of wine is the best supper, especially when it's hot and I can't be arsed to cook. Guaranteed sense of well being.

This is great. Don't invite me over because I'll eat your entire fridge - those are all my favorites. Brie, goat, romano and gorgonzola are my weaknesses. >:)
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Both pregnancies, all I ever wanted to eat was fruit, crusty bread, and all the cheeses.
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Good old fashioned American non-aerosol cheeezfood.
  • HM2206
    HM2206 Posts: 174 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    My dad's side of the family is Scandinavian and he always has a block of gjetost. I always use a dull steak knife to cut it so all I get is a couple of slivers. I could eat the block like an apple if I allowed myself.

Yup! I'm Norwegian and I definitely recommend putting geitost in sauces with meat! Especially when I make deer or reindeer I put a chunk of brown cheese in the sauce. Fantastic.

My favourite cheese is probably St. Albray. This cheese with salty crackers is the stuff of life.

1338ef754932bf55593625a62081b4b4.jpg
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I love cheese. Its my favorite food group. :tongue:

I'll eat just about any type of cheese. I'm not a big fan of goat cheeses though. They have some sort of musty flavor to them. My favorite cheeses are Dubliner, salty feta and some aged parmesan. The smellier, the better.

I eat a lot of string cheese and sliced cheddar cheese with crackers. Those are almost daily consumptions.

• cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    yes it's all good, often eat cottage cheese, Parmesan, low fat shredded fiesta blends, etc.