Eating after 7pm?

Options
2»

Replies

• jaredhy
    jaredhy Posts: 4
    Options
    Agreed it really is about calories in vs. calories out when it comes to weight loss (sorry I'm new here and thought I was replying to someone else's post :)
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Everyone's pretty much hit that you shouldn't eat about 2-3 hours before bed. Not at a specific time. The nutrition plan that came with Insanity: Asylum actually has your last snack (not dinner) around 9pm.

Try to focus more on how many calories you have at night. You want to try and get the bulk of your calories in before lunch, then slowly taper off. I'm finding having some Shakeology a few hours before bed has worked great at keeping my satisfied all night and not waking up hungry. At 150cal I don't feel bad drinking it around 9pm.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever time you want as long as you stay within your calorie range. The not eating after certain time is a myth.....people usually do this to prevent adding more calories by eating later at night. I eat whatever time I want and I make sure I am within my calorie range. This has not hindered my weight loss whatsoever.

This is absolutely true, and staying within your daily calorie range is what really matters. The reason why I personally choose not to eat after 7pm is that I hate sleeping with a full stomach. Ugh.... This full, uncomfortable feeling prevents me from falling asleep and getting good rest. I have a regular, daytime schedule so in my case it is in fact not eating anything after 7:00 or so pm. However, if I worked different hours and didn't get to bed by 10pm, then there is no reason why I couldn't eat after 7pm.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    IMO how late you eat is meaningless if you are staying under your calorie goal.

The reason people have success when they don't eat past a certain time is because that helps them to eat less, not because of the timing. I routinely eat something right before bed every night and it has not hindered me in any way.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I don't get in until 7pm so it would be pretty hard for me !!

I tend to eat between 8 and 8.30pm and got to bed about 10.30 - 11pm...
  • helena9
    helena9 Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

That link is fab :) really really useful! I agree, I think the myth is a complete and utter fad!

I rarely eat breakfast, have a midday snack and lunch but I primarily eat my big meal at night and have still managed to lose weight and stay healthy! I usually eat at night as this is when I have the most time as during the day I am so busy and pre-occupied, but I enjoy chilling out with my boyfriend at night with some healthy snacks!