No More Blood Pressure Medication

Options
Carl_Carlson
Carl_Carlson Posts: 85 Member
Changed diet and exercise habits and have not needed my unpronounceable BP medicine. Hoping some vegetarianism will do the same for cholesterol.

Replies

• amos481
    amos481 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Keep up the good work
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    This is great news! I look forward to getting of my meds as well. How long did it take for you to completely stop using the meds? Was there a point when your doctor reduced the dosage or did you all of sudden stop?
  • Carl_Carlson
    Carl_Carlson Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    This is great news! I look forward to getting of my meds as well. How long did it take for you to completely stop using the meds? Was there a point when your doctor reduced the dosage or did you all of sudden stop?

At 66 I stopped power lifting with its big eating & big lifting because I wanted to stop the sore joints after every workout, Soon I started to cycle & eat vegetarian but kept taking the meds like some kind of a machine without thinking. When I lost enough muscle and fat to weigh 220, I would get dizzy every time I took that crap; the reason why was my BP went too low on the Amlodapine. I was normal again after some 15 years.

copw4elo10v1.jpg

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Speaking as someone in the pharmaceutical industry - Bravo Zulu!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!