Anyone Else Future TTC? Losing Weight For Pregnancy

Options

Replies

• Keisha1005
    Keisha1005 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Please add me. My husband and I are TTC and I have started working out to loose weight
  • xandra47
    xandra47 Posts: 121 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm really set on a home birth, so I'm trying to get in the best shape I can before we TTC. Also my little brother and his wife are having a baby in September, and they eat horrendously. I want to be a good example for my little nephew, I want him to have nutritional guidance I didn't have growing up. :)
  • Meh2Milf
    Meh2Milf Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I waiting to get to atleast my pp weight before TTC. I gained 70lbs with my son 50 of which was in the last trimester. Definitely want my weight in check next time because I had all sorts of issues. I have roughly 20lbs to go and 3 months until we would even consider NTNP.
  • HollyKidd2017
    HollyKidd2017 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have an almost 3 year old and ttc baby #2. We have been trying for sometime now but decided after finding out I have PCOS that I need to lose weight before getting pregnant.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Me!!!!!!
    Daughter is 10.... never wanted such a big age gap between kids, but it happened for a variety of reasons including a marriage break up. My now hubby and I have been trying for nearly 3 years (boo) and we conceived but lost a year ago. Have PCOS, need to lose about 50kg (around 100lb) to try and regulate my cycle and hopefully improve my chances of conceiving.../ but if I can lose even half of that, I will qualify for fertility treatment.
    Starting to feel like the time is running out too.... I'm 34yrs now.
    Have added many on here.... but others can feel free to add me!
  • JustJamie
    JustJamie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! My husband and I are TTC our second child, our daughter will be 3 next month and we sadly miscarried in April. I was doing pretty well with the help of MFP before my (surprise!) first pregnancy, gained 40 while pregnant, then 80(!) over the last few years. :( I'm now working on my health again, have lost 24lbs in the last few months. Anyone feel free to add me! :)
  • schellies
    schellies Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I too am ttc :) add me all
  • CambriasMommy_2014
    CambriasMommy_2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Me sort of? I'm in the early stages of planning to be a surrogate to carry a baby for a friend who is infertile and went through IVF at the same time as me (unsuccessfully). I want to be as close as possible to my goal weight first, and my daughter needs to be at least a year old for me to be well recovered from my csection as I'm hoping to VBAC my next pregnancy.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose so someone will want to have a baby with me, lol. I'm lacking self confidence to date as a fat girl.
  • SarahKate2710
    SarahKate2710 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I wish someone had told me how hard it was going to be to lose the baby weight. Turning 30 and having extra weight to lose is hard! My little guy will be 6months next week and we are already planning on trying for #2 around thanksgiving (Canadian Thanksgiving). I gained about 45lbs with Henry and 10 of that was in the last 2 weeks due to water weight and swelling. I know I won't get to my ultiamte goal weight again before #2 and possible #3 come but you better believe I will be in the best shape of my life by the time I am 40.
  • thaisreamy
    thaisreamy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I have a 3 year old and I'm also trying to lose a good 25 pounds before I get pregnant again. We're not actively trying but not avoiding either. I had a very difficult pregnancy with my son, I think he was pressing my ciatica nerve and I couldn't walk at all for months. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with me being more overweight than I am now. Please add me so we can support each other :)
  • flaviadonadelli
    flaviadonadelli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ME! I'm 31 and this weekend my husband and I decided it's time to have our first baby. I would like to lose at least 8 pounds before I conceive. I don't know how much time it may take to conceive, and how should we eat after/before. I need all the support I can get from more experienced/informed mums! Please feel free to add me!
  • knp519
    knp519 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    We'd like to start TTC but I have been very nervous due to my weight. So I am working actively to lose about 50 lbs first. Most of my family dealt with high blood pressure or gestational diabetes and I just really want to be in as healthy of a place that I can!
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I kinda am too. My situation is slightly different. I am single but thinking of going through IUI/IVF sometimes in the next 2-3 years so I would really love to loose as much weight as possible before. I have PCOS so that would definitely increase my chances and I want to have a healthy pregnancy and be able to run after my kid!

I started at 318lbs and down to 266 5 months later.
  • reesiecup722
    reesiecup722 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started at 404... my wife and I are going to a fertility clinic and they won't start my treatment until I'm under 350lbs. I'm hovering around 385 right now & could use some added support. Please feel free to add me :)
  • chokhas
    chokhas Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't have to loose but going through ivf in July not sure if its o.k. to join the discussion
  • CorinnaShaw
    CorinnaShaw Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 13 weeks pregnant (unplanned) and have a whole host of health problems that were made worse because the pregnancy revved up my appetite to terrifying proportions and I gained 20 before my first trimester was even up. I think I would have rather taken the morning sickness. Haha! Anyway, my dr put me on a diet and told me to exercise. He approved me to lose weight WHILE pregnant. My high risk pregnancy ob/gyn supports this decission and I am being closely monitored. I've had 6 dr appointments this month. I've lost a few pounds and they are happy, but it's not good enough.

Man, I better be a lady Adonis when this pregancy is over because I'm working harder than I ever have in my entire life. Hahaha
  • Jazzberry91
    Jazzberry91 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Me sort of? I'm in the early stages of planning to be a surrogate to carry a baby for a friend who is infertile and went through IVF at the same time as me (unsuccessfully). I want to be as close as possible to my goal weight first, and my daughter needs to be at least a year old for me to be well recovered from my csection as I'm hoping to VBAC my next pregnancy.

I think surrogacy is such an amazing thing! Good Luck!!