Home workout buddies to share ideas and help keep motivated

Options

Replies

• mkeonem
    mkeonem Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Took the week off due to back being hurt in a fender bender last weekend. Yesterday I went out and walked a few laps around the neighborhood, getting back into it slowly.
  • clcrawford1
    clcrawford1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm a physical therapist who works out exclusively at home (or outside). I've been doing workouts on YouTube for years. I use fitnessblender 99% of the time. I find their variety great and keeps me interested. From a clinical standpoint, I find their workouts very balanced between "beach" muscles and very important functional/postural strength. I found that doing strength training (and HIIT cardio) with them has improved my outdoor running tremendously (from 3 miles to 10+ miles while speeding up my pace)
  • clcrawford1
    clcrawford1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Today the weather was beautiful so I got in an outdoor run, 8.5 miles. Wanted 10 but the legs were too tired after doing 6.6 on Friday (with two littles you take what time you can, hard to make an ideal schedule work)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did insanity ​fast and furious, followed by T25 core focus. Today was Turbo Jam.
  • KaleChipz
    KaleChipz Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Home workouts are the most convenient for me with a hectic work schedule and a 5yo along with studies.

Right now I am doing a cycle of insanity max 30 to build my endurance but not necessarily in the same sequence. My rest day is usually Friday. Yesterday I did sweat intervals.
  • SABoj
    SABoj Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Up at the crack of dawn and I completed P90X Chest & Back this AM. It feels good to get back on a steady schedule. And I'm also super-excited for SHAUN WEEK's INSANE FOCUS on BOD.

Day 1: Insane Basics is on tap for later tonight.
    Here's what the week looks like:
    had2rbvei1gp.png

Have a great day!
  • chaseracer2386
    chaseracer2386 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    What's the one thing that keeps you motivated the most to workout?
  • KaleChipz
    Options
    Today: insanity cardio challenge, yesterday was pure cardio.

• KaleChipz
    Options
    What's the one thing that keeps you motivated the most to workout?

It's a great stress reliever for me to get into the zone and clear my mind. My quality of sleep has greatly improved when I exercise consistently.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Its swim week for me! My little guy is camping with grandma and grandpa so I get to swim laps at the local rec center. Doing that as my main cardio (30-45 minutes) and focusing on weights in the morning. Today is Hump Day though so it was leg day so lots of squats, lunges, and kettle bell swings.
  • chaseracer2386
    Options
    I just started doing water aerobics in our pool.. Lots of fun and it can get pretty intense.
  • KaleChipz
    Options
    Today I did body beast build chest & triceps. I warmed up with insanity warm up session used in his month 1 workouts as I find Sagi's warm up and cool down somewhat lacking for me.
  • chaseracer2386
    Options
    Well kinda been slacking on home workouts.. But hoping to get things going again once I get my total gym... :)
  • KaleChipz
    Options
    Total gym sounds fantastic.

This morning I had a banana and did 30 mins insanity cardio challenge. Definitely got my heart pumping.
  • ellie7187
    ellie7187 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm pretty new (well, new-again after not being on MFP for a year or so) and I'm 100% home based workouts. After a long work day there's no way I could get myself to the gym and still be able to do everything I need to do around the house.

I've just started "BodyBoss" which is a 24 minute (more like 30-35 minute) HIIT exercise program. On days where I'm feeling ambitious I supplement with P90X3 exercises (again only 30 minutes each). I find it's a lot easier for me to stick to 30-60 minutes at home than to get my butt to the gym. So I'm hoping I can keep this momentum all the way to goal!
  • chaseracer2386
    Options
    ellie7187 wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm pretty new (well, new-again after not being on MFP for a year or so) and I'm 100% home based workouts. After a long work day there's no way I could get myself to the gym and still be able to do everything I need to do around the house.

I've just started "BodyBoss" which is a 24 minute (more like 30-35 minute) HIIT exercise program. On days where I'm feeling ambitious I supplement with P90X3 exercises (again only 30 minutes each). I find it's a lot easier for me to stick to 30-60 minutes at home than to get my butt to the gym. So I'm hoping I can keep this momentum all the way to goal!

That sounds good.. Really needing to get me some workout videos.. I think I could stick to 30 min a day.. What exactly is the HIIT program?
  • KaleChipz
    Options

BodyBoss program sounds interesting, is it on YouTube? I prefer to do 30 - 45 min sessions myself. I have p90x3 but never completed the program ...what is your experience with it?

• ellie7187
    Options
    That sounds good.. Really needing to get me some workout videos.. I think I could stick to 30 min a day.. What exactly is the HIIT program?

BodyBoss HIIT is a program I stumbled on because a FB friend liked their page haha. You buy the program from their website (either online version or online and print - I got the print book as well so I can easily bring it with me and do it on vacay!). It's legs and booty HIIT on Monday, "recover" on Tuesday (so I do P90X3 yoga), arms and abs HIIT on Wednesday, cardio on Thursday, and "BodyBoss" HIIT on Friday (which is an intense 15 minute workout, no resting throughout). Then, if I'm not too busy, I supplement with random P90X3 vids on the weekend.
  • ellie7187
    Options
    KaleChipz wrote: »

BodyBoss program sounds interesting, is it on YouTube? I prefer to do 30 - 45 min sessions myself. I have p90x3 but never completed the program ...what is your experience with it?

BodyBoss is print only (either via their site online or actually getting the physical book).

I really like doing the P90X3 workouts, but I have to admit I haven't done the program as Tony planned it. Back in the day (when I was in my best shape) I did the original P90X program to a tee. And it gave unreal results. But I find now I like to develop my own thing and not stick to a strict schedule. I recommend giving the program a try though, especially if you have the vids already! The 30 minutes goes by surprisingly fast :smile:
  • KaleChipz
    Options
    KaleChipz wrote: »

BodyBoss is print only (either via their site online or actually getting the physical book).

I really like doing the P90X3 workouts, but I have to admit I haven't done the program as Tony planned it. Back in the day (when I was in my best shape) I did the original P90X program to a tee. And it gave unreal results. But I find now I like to develop my own thing and not stick to a strict schedule. I recommend giving the program a try though, especially if you have the vids already! The 30 minutes goes by surprisingly fast :smile:

Thanks. I also did p90x a couple years ago but I do not have the time to invest in that program. And yes ...the results were incredible.

Right now I am doing a stint of body beast and insanity max 30 hybrid but I may incorporate p90x3 as I have them.