Greek Yogurt

Options

Replies

• Juniper210
    Juniper210 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is my everyday snack. 1 cup of chobani non fat plain, 100 grams of fruit (usually strawberries, mangos, or blueberries), 2 tbsps walnuts, and two quick squirts of the Crystal Light liquid.

Crystal light is a game changer for greek yogurt. It turns plain non fat greek into a full flavored sugar filled delicious yogurt.
  • Echo1334
    Echo1334 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I dont eat greek yogurt on its own but I love Tzatziki! About 2 cups of greek yogurt (preferably some fat), 2 peeled and de-seeded cucumbers (preferably british but I always use regular), couple cloves of garlic to taste, some salt and pepper, some lemon juice, and some mint and/or dill. Mix it in to a dip and it goes great with most savory dishes or as a dip for veggies, crackers, etc. Also very low calorie per tablespoon!
  • cherylellie938
    cherylellie938 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tend to drizzle some organic honey on mine gives it a nice sweet taste

• Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Mixing in protein powder works well as does powdered peanut butter or fruit. My current treat of choice is light vanilla Greek yogurt with cocoa and stevia mixed in. It makes a delicious rich chocolatey "pudding".

The previously mentioned Dannon light and fit strawberry cheesecake is delicious, especially with some fresh fruit mixed in.
  • aggiekasey
    aggiekasey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The only brand of greek yogurt i can handle is Fage!!! I get the 0%.
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I love Oikos. It comes it all sorts of good flavours, like coconut, banana, chocolate orange, chocolate raspberry, and pomegranate.
  • ChristabelMB
    ChristabelMB Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have recently started having mind with half a banana and around 2 teaspoons of honey. :) used to just add honey but felt like I needed more fruit in my life. I also loved it with sweet orange melon. And I think its good with any sweet fruit.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Not really greek yoghurt but I'm a big fan of Skyr I can't believe how low calorie it is. It's so filling!
  • wennycerry
    wennycerry Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I make fruit smoothies with it, plus a teaspoon of honey. So yummy!. Sometimes i make fruit salad with it too but love the smoothies better
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt, frozen berried & some honey!
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Used Fage 0% as a substitute for sour cream in my Beyond Meat taco salad. Mixed w/ salsa it was an excellent substitute.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    If you don't love Greek yogurt try Quark. It's a cheese - but a yogurt consistency and super yummy without the tart flavor that Greek yogurts seems to have.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    dabearo wrote: »
    That's right. siggi is Icelandic skyr

*THIS* IMO is the BEST full fat yogurt on the market right now. I add additional cultures (liquid acidophilus) and unsweetened coconut chips and let it set over night in the fridge. It's really great.

I also use it for anything calling for sour cream (like loaded baked potatoes).
  • Trishous
    Trishous Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you don't like Greek yogurt you could substitute sour cream in the recipes. I do this depending on the recipe or what I feel like. The Greek yogurt brand I use and the sour cream brand I use have the same in protein and calories. I couldn't find much difference in their nutrition value. If you like regular yogurt and you have it all you need to do to make it Greek is put it in a cheese cloth and let it drain overnight. The difference between the two is supposed to be that more of the whey is removed to form the Greek. Some brands though will add thickeners to get that thick creamy texture. Just what I researched by reading many articles on how to make my own and my own experiments with recipes. The post about dips though is dead on. Using it as a base for a ranch dressing or dip gives that sour taste that the buttermilk would give the ranch if you made it with it. Have fun with your cooking.
  • CaseyGabi
    CaseyGabi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bout a cup of Greek yogurt with granola and almonds and i eat it like a dip with apples! The apples add extra sweetness!
  • Coffee_qd
    Coffee_qd Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Oikos Plain with two tablespoons of sugar-free pancake syrup. I use the syrup in place of honey (which I love) to save calories.
  • Thelinbc
    Thelinbc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    PC coconut yogurt , good on its own , in smoothies or a dip. I also make salted caramel yogurt with the PC honey , using caramel flavoring and a dash of salt. So good
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I use 1c plain greek yogurt as a base for my breakfast smoothie. With 1c liquid and 1-2c of frozen fruit and flaxseed or chia seeds. It may be an "acquired" taste for some but I love packing in the protein and fiber in a "breakfast to go"
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    CaseyGabi wrote: »
    Bout a cup of Greek yogurt with granola and almonds and i eat it like a dip with apples! The apples add extra sweetness!

Wut?! That's looks awesome! I just use it as a dip with fruit, but this takes it up a notch.
  • GregGerhardt
    GregGerhardt Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Edit: Oops I didn't see the post above mine talking about this exact stuff. Oh well. Second vote for Skyr in this thread :)

For a less bitter experience (with a bit of fat compared to Chobani) try Skyr. It is super high protein and not much lactose. Arla is the brand I buy. I like both the non-fat greek yogurt and skyr, Skyr just tastes a bit less bitter.

72543_skyr2.jpg

I also like a low fat cottage cheese and mix it with cinnamon, oats, fruits, chia, PB2, as I would with yogurts. There is more salt going that route but I just mix it up between that, Greek yogurt and skyr.