Ladies, did losing weight make you lose breast size? Considering breast reduction surgery.

Options

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My boobs were the first thing that shrunk :sad:
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Yes, out of the blue (which is how I lose weight... in clumps rather than "weekly". Last week I was still a full C. This week suddenly I couldn't even wear my bras and had to emergency-shop for B cups. It all happened very suddenly.
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Yes. went from b/c to an A cup. I only lost 12-13 lbs and wasn't overweight to begin with! ;)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Yes. From a 38DD to a 34C.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Breasts are comprised of mammary tissue and fat. If you have a large amount of mammary tissue then weight loss will probably not help much. Not a problem I have, but literally not one woman I know who had a reduction regrets it. They're all pretty much thrilled with the results!
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    My breasts are the first thing to get bigger (if I gain weight) or smaller if I lose weight.
    When I lost 54lbs a few years ago, I went from a 40E cup to a 36DD. I will always have large breasts unless I have surgery but they are definitely notably smaller and I am much happier with them.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Did any women with large breasts and back pain get relief from the pain after starting a weight lifting program and strengthening back muscles? Curious if this is a thing.
  • AgileK9
    AgileK9 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are if you are already a small band size/large cup size then no, you won't see a noticeable loss in breast size. At my heavier weights, I'm a 36J, now after losing 15 pounds, I'm a 34J, so the loss is proportional but not significant IMO. If I lose another 15, I might get down to a 32J (I have bras in my closet this size from before) but won't get any smaller.

I regret not having a true reduction after I was done having kids. I have a lift with a slight reduction, mostly because I just wanted them put back where they belonged after breastfeeding.

10 years later, I just went and saw a plastic surgeon who told me a second surgery is very dangerous because he would need to recut the same incisions and he worries about bloodflow. He's seen very bad results before and told me he wouldn't do a true reduction on me. He might be able to do some lipo which I'm seriously considering.

Strengthening your back helps a lot but in the long run there is just so much stress on your neck and shoulders from all the weight. If you're an office worker at a desk, that strain is multiplied! I'm 47 now and have major indents in the bones on my shoulder from bra straps and constant neck pain.

You aren't really overweight at all so I don't think you will see much change. Go have the reduction! I wish I would have done it 10 years ago. The surgery is not very difficult nor is the recovery.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I've lost a lot of weight, and my breasts are smaller now than they've ever been, even at this weight 20 years ago. I'm pretty sure this is because I'm much more physically fit than I have been at any time. But even still they're large.. I wear a 34 DD right now (down from a 40 J!) I have back pain, I can't say how much is due to my breasts, but I do know improving my core muscle strength and maintaining good posture are quite beneficial, as is wearing properly supportive bras.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Did any women with large breasts and back pain get relief from the pain after starting a weight lifting program and strengthening back muscles? Curious if this is a thing.

Yes. After strengthening my back/core muscles the pain was gone. Even when I was still in 36 E/F cup size, a few months of increasing my strength and the pain was gone. My size has decreased now (32DD/DDD), but the pain has been gone for awhile.
  • XXcookiepussXX
    XXcookiepussXX Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Yes, especially the horrible knots that would form on my shoulders. Also the aches that would come when I had worn a bra out but couldn't spend the $$$ for another.
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i was 42DDD and lost weight, they went down to a C cup. i would wait until all weight loss before surgery.
  • ttparks11
    ttparks11 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I sure did! I went from a 38 DD to a 34 D. I miss them sometimes, LOL.
  • Katagara
    Katagara Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Sure have, I miss filling out my bras. Need to buy new ones
  • ttparks11
    ttparks11 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My boobs are the first to go. Used to look like Anna Nicole. Now I just have tube socks filled with jelly.
    Right there with ya
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I wear a similar size (32H), OP. I'm 5'8" and hourglass shaped. While I haven't been overweight, I can say that my breast size has remained fairly consistent (to my dismay) despite the times when I've been very (unhealthily) slim for my build. I'm guessing that in my case I happen to have more breast tissue than fat which would explain why they don't shrink despite my best efforts (even with two pregnancies and years of nursing). I'm a long distance runner and I also suffer from significant back and shoulder aches. I plan to have reduction surgery once I'm done nursing my second baby and things have stabilized.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Im 5'1.5" and when I weighed 147 I wore a 34F. At 130 i wear a 34E. At 123 I currently wear a 32G.
    I'm getting the feeling only a reduction (or maybe lift) will ever make them proportional to my height. I always feel I look bigger than I am because they're so huge compared to the rest of me.
  • Cute_White_Pink_Purple_Foxxx
    Options
    Yes, at my lowest weight I was an 32A and now I'm a 36D. At a healthy weight, I'm usually about a 32C. Makes sense I guess since boobs are mostly fat anyway.
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped and will often lose weight everywhere on my upper body except my breasts - those tend to remain the same size as I have a large rib cage. Strongly suggest you consider the reduction. A 32i sounds painful.