Pictures

Options
simi1421
simi1421 Posts: 30 Member
I feel pictures are so weird! In some pictures, you look super fit, and in some, you look like you could use some work. It makes it really hard to decide if you are making progress or not.
Does anyone else face this problem?

Replies

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I agree, it has a lot to do with the clothes I'm wearing or the angle etc. That said, I hate taking pictures. I always feel huge in every single one.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Yes. My husband is on some sort of picture-taking craze, but jeez, I hate the way I look in pictures. Especially HIS pictures, because for reasons unknown, he is always taking them from a low angle. Even Gisele would have 4 chins the way he takes them.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Not so much with photos, but I find that a lot with certain outfits or certain mirrors.

I have a mirror in my bedroom that is my go-to mirror for taking selfies. There's something about it, I just feel like I look better in that mirror than any other mirror.

So true about different mirrors. I have one mirror that I avoid and keep meaning to throw out because it is unflattering.

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    simi1421 wrote: »
    I feel pictures are so weird! In some pictures, you look super fit, and in some, you look like you could use some work. It makes it really hard to decide if you are making progress or not.
    Does anyone else face this problem?

As far as pictures go, I'm weird with them. Sometimes I don't even "recognize" myself, (I do, but I look different than I do in my head or mirrors).

I agree with you that you can have more and less flattering pictures taken, for sure.
  • simi1421
    simi1421 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It gets hard to know what to believe ..
  • JasonRainboze
    JasonRainboze Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Lighting is important also. Thats why at the gym I feel really fit.... in my bathoom I feel horrible.