I can help

Options
Bigpuma100
Bigpuma100 Posts: 33 Member
edited June 2017 in Food and Nutrition
If anyone has questions or concerns about nutrition or exercises please ask me I would love to help. This thread is to help individuals with their goals.

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    What are your qualifications?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Why is your diary shut?
  • Bigpuma100
    Options
    I have no idea
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I do my cardio fasted, good or bad idea?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,051 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. You may find by looking around that many people here are willing to help and have some serious qualifications in various areas. You'll also see a lot of people who are struggling. These types of threads by new members often don't go as planned only because they often have no background.

What is your specialty?

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Bigpuma100 wrote: »
    Sports nutritionist former athletic strength and conditioning coach
    Bachelor degree kinesiology
    * sports psychology
    * Sports nutrition
    * Nutritional science degree
    * Food science certification.
    * Charles Poliquin level 3 license for athletic training.

Quote-You need to find out your fat burning heart rate for your body structure. This will help you burn fat not muscle. Let me know if you ever need help.

What do you mean by the above advice you gave? What does my body structure have to do with anything? How does being in my fat burning zone protect my LBM?

• Bigpuma100
    Options
    I didn't give advice to anyone above.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    what are you thoughts on eating carbs after 8pm?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I'm sorry you're getting trolled when you're only trying to help. I do have serious questions myself.

1. Recommended protein intake to to assist strength training to lean muscle building.

2. Recommended % cardio / strength training mix if my goal is to lose fats while gaining muscle mass.

1. .8 grams per pound of body weight. Honestly, if you want to build muscle then carbs are going to be more important.
    2. you can't lose fat and gain mass at the same time. you can recomp and do that over a long period of time, or if you are new to lifting you can get some newbie gains. There is no ration of cardio to strength training, you just need to be on a structured lifting program with progressive overload built in...
  • Bigpuma100
    Options
    It's OK I new there will be people asking those types of questions.

Question 1 Depends on your weight and what is your actual goal. if you're exercising everyday, or if you're a pro athlete. For example my weight is 250 when I'm training hard I will have an intake of around 200 g of protein a day. When I don't work out I will lower the intake around 150 g. It's hard to give actual numbers without knowing your body composition. So calculate if a person weighs 165 pounds they should be consuming 55 to 65 grams of protein as an average Joe. If your working out those days you should be consuming more. You just have to be careful to not over do the intake of protein as it can turn into fat. Protein shakes can help, but it's always better to eat food with all macronutrients. If you want more actual numbers to give you, you can private message me with your actual weight etc...

Question 2 This depends also on your body composition. Doing both is a good idea, so you don't get burned out on just cardio or strength training. If I'm on a nutrient plan to loose % body fat I do more cardio and light weight training. Lots of intervals where I keep my heart rate up. Your diet is key if you're trying to loose % fat and gaining muscle. You need to maintain your daily calorie intake to sustain muscle growth.

If you still have questions please feel free to ask.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Question 1 Depends on your weight and what is your actual goal. if you're exercising everyday, or if you're a pro athlete. For example my weight is 250 when I'm training hard I will have an intake of around 200 g of protein a day. When I don't work out I will lower the intake around 150 g. It's hard to give actual numbers without knowing your body composition. So calculate if a person weighs 165 pounds they should be consuming 55 to 65 grams of protein as an average Joe. If your working out those days you should be consuming more. You just have to be careful to not over do the intake of protein as it can turn into fat. Protein shakes can help, but it's always better to eat food with all macronutrients. If you want more actual numbers to give you, you can private message me with your actual weight etc...

Question 2 This depends also on your body composition. Doing both is a good idea, so you don't get burned out on just cardio or strength training. If I'm on a nutrient plan to loose % body fat I do more cardio and light weight training. Lots of intervals where I keep my heart rate up. Your diet is key if you're trying to loose % fat and gaining muscle. You need to maintain your daily calorie intake to sustain muscle growth.

disagree on 2 - if you want to build any mass while in a deficit (assuming newbie) or recomping you are gong to need a structured lifting program with progressive overload. Light lifting and HIIT is not going to cut it.
  • Bigpuma100
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Yes I agree with you but I don't know what her actually activity level. I don't want her to misinterpret progressing overload. You can build and maintain with light weight trianing to failure.
  • Bigpuma100
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Carbs after 8pm

I don't have a problem eating complex carbs at night, depends on my goals.
    Athletes shouldn't worry to much about what time to eat.
  • edlanglais
    edlanglais Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Thank you for your feedback. I do have some questions that I would like to field to you via inbox. However, there was an error when I tried. Would you mind sending me a message? Maybe I will be allowed to respond if you do.

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/excess-protein-and-fat-storage-qa.html/

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/nutrient-intake-nutrient-storage-and-nutrient-oxidation.html