Ladies, sports bras advice

Options
Hi ladies. I do a high impact bounce class 2-3 times a week and am looking for a really good sports bra. I like them to cime abit longer than a normal bra to cover abit more. I have a budget up to £30. I'm in the uk. What do people suggest please. Thanks

Replies

• lsp123
    lsp123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've got on quite well with my Shock Absorber bra. I got it on Amazon for about £30 (I think it's listed as the Women's Run Sports Bra). My only issue was that I ordered too small a size (my actual bra size) and couldn't wear it until I'd lost some weight. Looking at the reviews, I see now it's recommended to buy a cup size up from what you normally wear. ANYWAY I couldn't exercise without it. I like that it's quite high on the chest and doesn't try to do any pushing up either (hats off to anyone who finds that comfy when exercising!). Good luck with your search - these things can be hellish.
    Ps. For reference, in case it affects the price/fit, I wear a 32DD.
  • gray261013
    gray261013 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fabulous thank you. I've just ordered a shock absorber. I'm not really sure what size. I've been wearing a 36f but I've lost 2 stone and feel it's a little big so I've ordered a 36e can't wait for it to come
  • mandarashell
    mandarashell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    gray261013 wrote: »
    Fabulous thank you. I've just ordered a shock absorber. I'm not really sure what size. I've been wearing a 36f but I've lost 2 stone and feel it's a little big so I've ordered a 36e can't wait for it to come

I would recheck your band measure ment with that weight loss! Luckily I think people have an easier time getting fitted correctly in the UK vs the state's. I wear a 32f and personally love panache sports bras. You can find them on sale for a good price often.
  • merekins
    merekins Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Enell is a lock and load, nothing gonna bounce option. I also really like panache sports bras. Highly recommend Amazon for good deals.
  • PinkCuddleMonster
    PinkCuddleMonster Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have to wear two. One just doesn't cut it with my triple D's. No specific brand, they just have to be different bras, I like one that claps in the the back and the other in the front.
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I am a 34e ( sometimes F) I wear a Brooks moving comfort Maia. It's basically two bras, underwire to hold me up, and then a compression one to hold me down
  • AliceJeanie
    AliceJeanie Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how much it would cost in the UK (I am in Canada), but the most supportive bra I found for running and bouncy stuff is Panache's Sports Bra with Underwire. And it works with bigger chests - I'm a 36F.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Check Title IX. They make real sportswear for real women.

However, that said, if you are big, your girls are big, or they are headed south like a determined flock of geese in the fall, buying bras is like buying running shoes: people can recommend until the cows come home, but you really need a fitting (with one of those rare people who still knows how to actually fit a bra) to get the best one for you. I'm currently ISO new bras, too. I've got the flock of geese problem. Hard to identify that "fullest part of the breast." Oy. Good luck!
  • cecekay19
    cecekay19 Posts: 89 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The new air control sports bra from Anita. It has an extended size range and wicks moisture like a beast. Light, max support and minimal movement. I went for a 3 mile run, shirt was drenched except for the area covered by the bra. Amazing.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I really love the shock absorbers too. They can be a bit of a pain to get on and off with any kind of significant boobage, but they certainly do the job!
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Check sites like ASOS, Figleaves, HerRoom. They carry extended sizes and you will have lots of supportive options.
  • chaosbutterfly
    chaosbutterfly Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Definitely the strongest bra I have is the Chantelle Maximum Control Sports bra. I wear a 34D and it lifts, separates, and locks everything in. Jumping rope, running, whatever...everything stays put. If I can catch a sale, I will definitely be buying another one.
    I also like the Le Mystere Maximum Control Bra.

I've always worn two or three bras to workout (a regular one, and then the sports one on top) and at my largest, my bust was up to a 42J, so finally having just one that does the job feels like a miracle.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they sell them in the UK, but I love my Moving Comfort bras. For high impact activities I wear Juno or Maia. They are very modest bras as well.