Breakfast Food

Options
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for breakfast. It seems like most options for breakfast are very carbohydrate oriented. I have been doing bagels with cream cheese for about 300 cal total and I've been doing oatmeal as well which I do find help fill me up in the morning. Another option is a parfait but that also has a lot of carbs. Just wondered what other people do for breakfast that might be healthier?

Replies

• SammiG01
    SammiG01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi. Feel free to add me. I log regularly and have an open diary.
  • tomorrowistoday0000
    tomorrowistoday0000 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Why not eat lunch for breakfast? I would sometime eat ground turkey with sides (~400 calories) for breakfast if I've grown tired of oats and need something more fulfilling.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    If I want traditional breakfast food I have a vegetable omelet (for example, 2 eggs with mushrooms, broccoli, spinach, plus a little feta). I often have smoked salmon or plain greek yogurt or cottage cheese on the side for a bit more protein. I also sometimes just have whatever I might have for lunch or dinner, as I am not always in the mood for breakfast food. Or a mix, like salad and an egg.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you want for breakfast. And carbs aren't bad if they fit your goals. How about eggs and bacon? A smoothie? Leftovers from dinner?

I rarely vary my breakfast and lunch because I am a creature of habit so I have a peanut butter Fiber One bar (140 calories) at about 6:30 when I arrive at work and then 200 grams of Greek yogurt mixed with 12 grams PB2 powder or sometimes mixed with 70 grams of frozen mango (150-170ish calories) at around 8-8:30 once I am settled in. Keeps me solid til lunch!
  • newdawn1974
    newdawn1974 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    White eggs (3/4 cup), 1 egg, both scrambled then if I work out 2 toasts with butter, if no work out some almonds. Gets me around 500 cal.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    My favourite is half a bagel with some peanut butter (1 tbsp or less), 1/4cup of greek yogurt and 1-2 fruits. I'll have a whole bagel with peanut butter on one slice and cream cheese on the other if I'm out of yogurt.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    A whole variety of breakfast cereals with milk and sometimes yogurt, boiled egg, two slices of toast, sometimes marmalade or jam, perhaps a banana, cup of tea (or coffee).
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I shoot for 40-60g of protein in my breakfast/first meal. Usually some combination of:

Greek yogurt
    Eggs/egg whites
    Turkey breast lunch meat/bacon/sausage
    2 slices of toast (Dave's Killer Bread thin sliced)
    Cottage cheese
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    At least four days a week I have steel cut oats with two over medium eggs on top, fruit, and coffee with milk. On other days I switch in toast for the oats or scramble my eggs or sometimes I have three eggs instead of two. I <3 eggs.

Oh, and sometimes I eat cold steel cut oats with protein powder mixed in. Plus two boiled eggs.

I usually have around 50 grams of carbs and 30 grams of protein for breakfast.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Some of my go-to breakfasts:
    coffee
    Greek yogurt
    Mini egg frittatas
    Overnight oats
    Steel cut oats with fruit & protein powder
    Bagel thin with whipped cream cheese and lox
    Mashed avocado on toast
    Blueberry pancakes (I eat mine with Greek yogurt instead of syrup)
    Scrambled eggs & veggies
    Leftovers from yesterday
    Eggs on toast
    Fried egg on a sandwich slim with cheese
    Protein shake with fruit, yogurt, & protein powder
    Fried egg on a multigrain waffle
    Fried egg and hummus on a toasted sandwich thin
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Nothing at all wrong with carbs.

My typical breakfast involves a cup of red seedless grapes (weighed out, it's usually about 160 grams, +/- 5), one 6-oz container double-protein, fat-free Greek yogurt, and a granola bar (1/2 of a Nature Valley 2-pack).

It's 50 grams of carb, 20 protein, 6 fat. Also 7% of my iron RDA.
  • DaveMustGetFit
    DaveMustGetFit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love eggs too. I read on one of those lists - eggs are the healthiest or most nutritional foods you can eat.
  • DaveMustGetFit
    DaveMustGetFit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Damn I feel hungry now - but it's a good hungry
  • maytalharrosh
    maytalharrosh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I make healthy banana oatmeal muffins once a week and add flax and chia, I also do Greek yogurt with berries and bran flakes or fiber cereal, coconut chia seed pudding with berries, etc. Feel free to ask for any recipes!
  • hannahdispatch911
    hannahdispatch911 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for breakfast. It seems like most options for breakfast are very carbohydrate oriented. I have been doing bagels with cream cheese for about 300 cal total and I've been doing oatmeal as well which I do find help fill me up in the morning. Another option is a parfait but that also has a lot of carbs. Just wondered what other people do for breakfast that might be healthier?

I make eggs pretty much every morning. If you use 1 large egg and then a cup or less of egg whites add a lil cheese or veggies ect i usually add sausage. Im doing keto and it works out to around 9-11 carbs for sausage and eggs and cheese and sour cream. Plus its only arounf 400 cal which u can adjust less cheese ornwhatever to onlynbe at 300. And it gives lots of energy.

Feel free to ad me i dont have friends on here yet