??????
    Profit

you've been there too, huh?

wonder if we all know the same tiffany *shudder*
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »
    Broke up w/ fiancee. Dumped actually. Have a week of vacation during the 4th of July week. Any good ideas for traveling solo? No romantic places please. Something to recharge batteries, lift my soul and make me believe in all that's good once again.....

Beach...cabin in the woods in a quiet town.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Broke up w/ fiancee. Dumped actually. Have a week of vacation during the 4th of July week. Any good ideas for traveling solo? No romantic places please. Something to recharge batteries, lift my soul and make me believe in all that's good once again.....

Beach...cabin in the woods in a quiet town.

Hilarious movie by the way.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd probably do a biking trip...I keep seeing these organized biking trips pop up on my FB and I want to go but it's difficult with family obligations.
  • ChrisNels1
    ChrisNels1 Posts: 16,638 Member
    Options
    Music is my healing balm. If you've not had the opportunity to see Red Rocks in Denver then I HIGHLY suggest it.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Ibiza.

and take a pill?

So many to choose from! Maybe two or three together...

I took a pill in Ibiza - Mike Posner

Oh. I get it. You're way cooler than me. And younger, I think. Never heard of Mike Posner. But I like it!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I'm really into history and historical buildings so I'd pick a place where there were a lot of touristy spots to go see. I'd enjoy myself and be kept distracted.

you should travel here to Scottsdale, some of our building are almost 20 years old.
  • vikinglander
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I'm really into history and historical buildings so I'd pick a place where there were a lot of touristy spots to go see. I'd enjoy myself and be kept distracted.

you should travel here to Scottsdale, some of our building are almost 20 years old.

I was there in 2012...Taliesin West was amazing (1937)! I'm sure you're aware of these, too...

http://franklloydwrightsites.com/arizona/

As an architect, he was brilliant; as a human and a businessman, I think he was kind of a jack *kitten*. Just my opinion.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    ChrisNels1 wrote: »
    Music is my healing balm. If you've not had the opportunity to see Red Rocks in Denver then I HIGHLY suggest it.

Music is usually great but too many damn songs are about love gone bad or new love. Or at least that is all I seem to hear in lyrics these days. I need to listen to more old school Metallica.

• vikinglander
    Options
    ChrisNels1 wrote: »

Music is usually great but too many damn songs are about love gone bad or new love. Or at least that is all I seem to hear in lyrics these days. I need to listen to more old school Metallica.

According to the Atlantic magazine, 92% of charting pop music is about sex and love, or what they euphemistically refer to as "reproductive messaging"!

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2011/09/92-top-ten-billboard-songs-are-about-sex/337242/
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Geez, I'm sorry. That's a tough situation.

I'd suggest something like a roadtrip or cruise, just something that has you seeing different things everyday and keeps you distracted.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Ibiza.

and take a pill?

So many to choose from! Maybe two or three together...

I took a pill in Ibiza - Mike Posner

Oh. I get it. You're way cooler than me. And younger, I think. Never heard of Mike Posner. But I like it!

This is even the funny part about the song. He wrote it because he was lamenting never getting super famous with big hits. Turns out that song was his biggest hit!
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Vegas
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options

This is what I would do, cheesy tourist stuff and all.
  • majess1022
    majess1022 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Go to Iceland and do a Game of Thrones tour, and then take a bunch of Instagram-worthy pictures in the geothermal pools so your ex gets kind of envious?

Or there's always Vegas, but really only if you can get a friend or two to go with you.
  • tomorrowistoday0000
    tomorrowistoday0000 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks so far to everyone. I am skeptical about any type of meditation/yoga retreat b/c I have never done that. Even now when I am just resting, my mind drifts away and thinks of Her. The idea of imposed silence doesn't appeal to me. And I have never done yoga - could be good for me, but not sure I want to learn that right now. I am leaning towards road tripping either solo or w/ a friend and hiking + microbrewery hopping. Calorie counting will take a hit or at least my nutrition will for a week most likely. Still got some time to plan so keep the ideas coming. thanks.

With your wound being so fresh, it's probably best you go with a friend or friends to keep you distracted. If you've never done yoga or meditation, it will be tough to focus so I personally wouldn't advise it. Do something different that you normally wouldn't do or go with your ex and create new memories. Most importantly, remember to laugh and have fun. It will get better, you just have to believe. :)
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas. I really appreciate it
  • NapalmZygote
    NapalmZygote Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    New beginnings! You have a lot to look forward to. But I'll stay focused on the topic...
    I like the ideas of road trip / microbrewery hopping. So... my go-to is always car camping.
    Take advantage of the US (that's where you are right?) State Park system. Buy a current Rand McNally so you can scout / call 200 or 500 miles ahead the next night's stay, Google beer hotspots en route, and have an open fire every night to grill something as well as sample what you bought during the day. There will be at least one new cool person to talk to every evening, and you'll be that person for someone else.
    We saw all five Great Lakes and did the Leinenkugel tour in one week in 2014 and loved every second. Whatever you do, enjoy..
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Wally World