Keto buddies needed!

Options
Kritijj92
Kritijj92 Posts: 9 Member
edited June 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello!
24, need to lose about 50-60lbs. Starting up the Keto again (vegetarian this time round) after a hiatus and looking to get tips and motivation! From the UK btw, add me up if you'd like :)

Replies

• mandyb0101
    mandyb0101 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    35, first time trying keto! I can't imagine trying to do it vegetarian! I eat so much meet on this diet. I would love ideas to work in other foods! Good luck on your journey!
  • jenirvin9
    jenirvin9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My first time doing keto and I love it. Been easy to stay away from carbs so far. I do miss sugar though!
  • ZoryaMia
    ZoryaMia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I also recently started Keto and have a fair few lbs to loose!
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I am doing low carb, higher fat, and higher protein. Not exactly Keto. I am also doing 16:8 intermittent fasting. Seems to be working for me. If you'd like add me!
  • constantdown
    constantdown Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ketogenic is for me feeling euphoric, lost 25 lbs in 6 weeks...
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Literally thousands of us in this group.
  • ISparkyI
    ISparkyI Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Doing Keto here, having some great success, and finding it easy to stick too. Add me anyone, great place for learning and motivation.
  • Kritijj92
    Options
    Thank you guys! Adding you all up!
  • TomKershawUK
    TomKershawUK Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm low carb but about the opposite of vegetarian. Are you planning lots of eggs and cheese?

Tom
  • Kritijj92
    Options
    Ketogenic is for me feeling euphoric, lost 25 lbs in 6 weeks...

That's unreal, what do you think youre doing that is working so well?
  • Kritijj92
    Options
    Hi, I'm low carb but about the opposite of vegetarian. Are you planning lots of eggs and cheese?

Tom

Yes, and all kinds of veggies ofcourse. Veg Keto is difficult for sure (tried the meat way before) but I hope I'll make it work, 3 months is the short time goal.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto as well. I'm down about 34 lbs since going the keto route. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks on this woe for me. Feel free to add me. Just put keto in the message line so I'll know.
  • TomKershawUK
    TomKershawUK Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Kritijj92 wrote: »

Tom

Yes, and all kinds of veggies ofcourse. Veg Keto is difficult for sure (tried the meat way before) but I hope I'll make it work, 3 months is the short time goal.

Will you include fish in your diet?

Tom
  • phandy17
    phandy17 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Been Keto/Paleo since January.
    It is great, look, feel, and happy. Can't seem to eat enough fat but lov keeping carbs down and exercise up.

Good luck, here if you need an ear.
  • Kritijj92
    Options
    Kritijj92 wrote: »

Tom

Will you include fish in your diet?

Tom

Nope.
    How's it going with You?
  • Vanillavirtue
    Vanillavirtue Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm about to start keto and new to the forums on here and don't know how to add people on here.
  • Gina_H20
    Gina_H20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yah, more Keto peeps. I love that this app has that Macro chart!! It has been a life saver! I lost 13 lbs since May 5th, not as much as others, but I was working out 7 days a week (Insanity Max 30) from January to May and didn't even lose ONE pound and my body did not slim down, so this is heaven!! I'm not busting out of my clothes anymore. This app is a live saver because you can put in any restaurant for fast food place and check the different menu options and find there is something everywhere. I also use Google sometimes and will type in a restaurant and the word Keto to see what others recommend. Feel free to add me or message me. Good luck everyone!!
  • P_Annabel
    P_Annabel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just got MFP set up, except I need a pic:~b. I did Atkins many years ago, but decided to go keto after watching a bunch of youtube videos by a girl from Texas. Thanks Kathrine, you made it look easy. Anyway, I hope to learn more about the keto lifestyle and get/give support. Hello Everyone!
  • Fabi_83
    Fabi_83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a keto newbie too. It's day 4 and I already feel lighter (probably water retention) I can tell I am transitioning as I'm experiencing some of the keto flu symptoms. To help with this I am taking multivitamins with minerals and lots of water. Great stuff! I am so excited about this diet as I love cheese and avocados
  • Hudsonsma
    Hudsonsma Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm just starting it and also new to MFP. Can anyone explain how I should change my macro settings in order to adhere to the keto plan?
    I assume it's changing my percentages per day but I want to make sure it's accurate . Duh ;)
    Thanks !