indoor workouts

Options
So i would love to get outside and ride my bike around for an hour to get some workout in, but it is still so stinking hot here! i would love some ideas for workouts to do inside (i dont have any of those exercise videos)

Replies

• JeanWalker109
    Options
    What type of equipment do you have? You can easily make your own circuit-style workouts with a few pieces of equipment. For example, if you have stairs....you've got some cardio. Up and down, up & down. Or step ups, using the first step, etc. If you have resistance bands, you can do muscle work. Use your body weight to do squats, push ups, crunches, etc. Don't rule out old fashion favs like jumping jacks, either. You can do definitely work up a sweat while inside.

I hope you figure out something that suits you!

*smiles*

Jean
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    i :heart: chalean extreme, p90x, etc... all great inside.
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    Check out bodyrock.tv.com. They are all free and they have a lot of body weight work outs. They are super quick but you really feel it.
  • nitamo
    nitamo Posts: 64
    Options
    I jog in place for at least a half hour each day. I also make a course through my house and run, up the hallways, in and out of all the rooms. I work up a nice sweat and it allows me to run/walk while still in the comfort of my nice cool home:-) I also have a step down livingroom so I use that for step exercises.
  • slvrmop23
    slvrmop23 Posts: 5
    Options
    Have you heard of the 100 work out? A friend told me about it. You do 100 jumping jacks, 90 crunches, 80 squats, 70 leg lifts, 60 jumping jacks, 50 crunches, 40 squats, 30 leg lifts, 20 jumping jacks, and then 10 minutes of running. Even without the running, it kicks your booty. You're legs will be screaming at ya. And, if you do the exercises back-to-back it's cardio and strength training in one.
  • deeskaggs
    deeskaggs Posts: 4
    Options
    If you happen to have a Netflix account (which it seems that almost everyone does these days) they have several workout tapes on their Instant Que that you can use repeatedly, or there are even more that you can rent on dvd.
  • JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of the 100 work out? A friend told me about it. You do 100 jumping jacks, 90 crunches, 80 squats, 70 leg lifts, 60 jumping jacks, 50 crunches, 40 squats, 30 leg lifts, 20 jumping jacks, and then 10 minutes of running. Even without the running, it kicks your booty. You're legs will be screaming at ya. And, if you do the exercises back-to-back it's cardio and strength training in one.

I don't think I could start this high.. but thanks for posting this.. I may start with less jumping jacks and work up...
  • maxamilliond
    Options
    that 100 workout sounds brutal, i might try that one today! thanks, and ill look at some of the other ones sometime too. i dont have a netflix, so that wouldnt work for me.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Yeah - 100 sounds brutal.

In the same vein - Deck of Cards workout. Each suit represents a category. Hearts = cardio, Spades = lower body ...... etc. Draw the 8 of hearts and do 8 jumping jacks. Draw the 6 of spades and do 6 squats. This comes from the military.

FitDeck sells decks of cards - yoga, weights, bootcamp ..... lots of variations.