Trying it again...looking for motivational buddies

Options
shaw86
shaw86 Posts: 2 Member
I have been using this app off and on for awhile but never tried doing it with the community...hoping this will make a difference and help me stay consistent !

Replies

• alteregold
    alteregold Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi @shaw86! I was the same as you...had used MFP previously but didn't engage with other users. I've been active again for the last month or so and found that connecting with others really helps motivate you...seeing others committed to eating well and exercising with the updates whenever they log activities has been great! Feel free to send me a friend request :)
  • Bklynsouth76
    Bklynsouth76 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Same here, this is my first time using community, I haven't committed to this app in a long time. Trying to get back
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome!
  • Clody80
    Clody80 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    it helps a lot having friends, posting regular updates, seeing others'... I have used MFP without that as well and it's not very effective.
  • incendiomf
    incendiomf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Also new to the community page and looking for connections and inspiration! Good luck to all!
  • JennMM0123
    JennMM0123 Posts: 27 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi - I've been on and off MFP - trying the community thing looking inspiration! Feel free to send me a friend request :)
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    It definitely makes it easier to stay focused when you have support. Anyone feel free to add me. I have some healthy recipes and some new workouts if you are interested.
  • Musaniac
    Musaniac Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It has helped me! Feel free to add me so that we can motivate each other! :)
  • SanRipped
    SanRipped Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hear ya friend...me too
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    almost 1200 day streak, active daily, open dairy and workouts posted. Feel free if you want.
  • ivetastic
    ivetastic Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    The community is great! I love this app!
  • d_david_o
    d_david_o Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am new here and the community aspect seems super helpful so far. You and anyone else can add me if they would like. I would be most appreciative!
  • mamie73
    mamie73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. It makes all the difference to feel you're not the only one dusting off your food scale and dreaming of bread...
  • shaw86
    shaw86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Yes, so far I have been receiving a lot of positive feedback, so I really believe this time will be better; and I hope the same for you.

Sending a friend request.

• 826_Midazaslam
    826_Midazaslam Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • signerh
    signerh Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I so agree, it makes it easier when you're not alone in this. Feel free to add me as a friend here :)
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Develop Discipline instead of relying on Motivation.
    It will serve you far better.

Motivation is only a short-term emotional response.
    Discipline is doing it no matter if you feel like it or not, especially when you don't feel like it.
    Hoping it will somehow become "easier" is not likely to make much difference.
    Consistency, on the other hand, will.
    You need to accept it will be HARD WORK and just stick to it.

Discipline over Motivation.