Trusting the system is hard!

Options
sarahthes
sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
Title says it all, really. I know the reason the scale isn't moving. Had a couple of bad weeks where I ate roughly maintenance, got back on track AND tightened up my logging, but also decided to start a new exercise program and TOM is due. So I know the reasons why, and I'm really not new to this whole process (I'm ~60 lbs lighter than I was this time 2 years ago).

I'm just impatient. Smack some sense into me?

Replies

• Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Title says it all, really. I know the reason the scale isn't moving. Had a couple of bad weeks where I ate roughly maintenance, got back on track AND tightened up my logging, but also decided to start a new exercise program and TOM is due. So I know the reasons why, and I'm really not new to this whole process (I'm ~60 lbs lighter than I was this time 2 years ago).

I'm just impatient. Smack some sense into me?

Great job losing 60lbs! Relax and have faith that if you do things correctly (including seeing a doctor if medical problems are suspected) the weight will come off.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I Know Right! I am at the point in my fitjourney where I feel "good enough". I've lost weight to where I was really thin, gained muscle another year and now I'm just trying to hold onto the muscle I worked for but possibly trim down a bit. My problem is I am happy with about 90% of my body and so I tend to give in to cravings and yummy foods. Would I like to be a little leaner, uhm, you bet ya! But I'm happy, so for now I will do what I love - which is eat and lift :)
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    We've all been there... You know it, trust it, you can do it.

I confirm you know what you're doing, losing 60 lbs wasn't an accident. Carry on.
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! Trust in what you know which is that it's probably water weight. I don't weigh during Tom because I gain 10-12 pounds during
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    It IS hard! I have to constantly remind myself that stopping is not the answer and will not do anything except get me back where I was.

Congratulations on your awesome progress so far!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    60. Pounds.

Well done. A few days of low motivation is perfectly normal.

Now get out there.
  • lucyee
    lucyee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ergh, it's so hard. I thought I'd got all the mindset stuff sorted, but just had homemade pizza, totally within calories and feeling guilty!! Like, I'm never gonna (re)shift these last ten pounds if I don't exist purely on on salad... lies!! Trust the system!