So much effort for nothing?

2»

Replies

• CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    I'm short, too, but I really just think you need to eat more than 1200 (aka some of your exercise calories)... and give it more time. Like a month. Workouts = water retention, etc.
  • RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm about the same stats. 29 years old, 5'3.5 and weigh about 160. I eat a base of 1400 calories a day and 75% of exercise calories. I've lost a steady pace of about 6 pounds a month.

I also recommend a trend app and watch the trend instead of individual weigh ins. Yesterday I weighed more than 2 pounds then the range I've been in and didn't change my eating or exercise one bit. It all came off today, plus a tad more.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    edited June 2017
    5lbs in 2 weeks is excellent progress, I think your expectations are unrealistic. 1-2lb a week is a perfectly acceptable rate of loss.

Fuel your workouts and eat some exercise calories back or risk burning out fast. If you struggle with the fluctuations then maybe weighing only once a week may be better for you or a trending app as others have suggested.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    If you've indeed lost 10 lb since August 2016 that works out to about 1 lb per month. Does your weight history on your Reports look like a smooth curve or is it a very jagged sawtoothy pattern?
  • Holly2233
    Holly2233 Posts: 16 Member
    cuzduiixlmcw.jpg

This flow chart is awesome!