Do your macros have to be perfect to loose weight. ?

Options
Or is it all about being In a calorie deficit ?

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    It's all about being in a calorie deficit. But eat a reasonably balanced diet for good nutrition and overall health.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    It's all about the calorie deficit, in an ideal world your macros are perfect but it never happens, not to me anyways, they usually even out over the week.
  • Fivefootcaloriecounter
    Fivefootcaloriecounter Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanku
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is all about being in a calorie deficit. It's that simple. But it's not always easy to be in a calorie deficit. Eating well makes it easier. Tracking macros can help you eat better.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    As others have said, it is about calorie deficit. However your macro balance will not just affect your overall health but also your satiaty. Some find a diet higher in one macro over another will help keep them fuller for longer which makes it so much easier to eat at a deficit. There is no magic ratio that works for all though. For some fats are very filling, others protein, others high fibre whole grains and others a good mixture of all 3. Just play around until you find what works best for you.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    As the others have said, it's about being in a caloric deficit no matter which style of diet your following. Here's a good and recent YouTube video that sums up the different "designer" diets and why they work which is that they all create a caloric deficit by manipulating macros: Which Diet is Best?!
  • Fivefootcaloriecounter
    Fivefootcaloriecounter Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    So if u stuck at a calorie deficit but didn't monitor macros would you still loose weight ?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    AND IIFYM....

opsk2es5pdr5.jpg
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    So if u stuck at a calorie deficit but didn't monitor macros would you still loose weight ?

Yes.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I pay zero attention to my macros. I try to eat food that will keep me full for longer periods, give me enough energy to work out, and meet my kcal goals each week. Looking back, that winds up to being about 50% carb, 30% fat, 20% protein more often than not. I've lost 27lbs in 4 months.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The deficit is what matters for loss. The macros are more for how you feel while losing.

Some people experience more satiety with certain macros higher than others. Some swear by protein, others by carbs, still others by fat. It's more about your personal experience than the rule with satisfaction in this area.

I personally don't really care about my macros. I try to hit my (very reasonable) protein goal - particularly on highly active days because I'm convinced I feel better that way. I also try to ensure veggie and fruit intake is improved by incorporating a couple servings of different combinations of them into at least two meals daily. Am I perfect? No. I don't care because I am losing fat and making healthier food choices most of the time. I don't get worried if my macros are off unless I feel sickly, then I make changes.