Fellow lifting ladies - where do you carry your phone/music player when you're at the gym?

I like listening to music through my cell when I exercise. When I used to go jogging, I always just carried my phone in my hand and that worked fine. Now that I've started lifting weights at a gym I'm having trouble figuring out how best to carry my cell so I can continue to listen to music. The shorts I started out wearing had little shallow girl pockets so my phone kept falling out. I tried sweat pants once, because they had deep pockets, but I was sweating up a storm and that was super uncomfortable. Last try was to go buy some yoga pants, because it seems like that's what all the cool kids are wearing. Those are super comfy but NONE of the ones I saw had any sort of pocket option. I figured there'd be something like a back pocket or something in the belly band but no. I ended up shoving my cell into the waist band while I worked out but it's not very secure- I need a better idea. Help!

Replies

• Hanlonx
    Hanlonx Posts: 53 Member
    I wear Nike trousers to the gym and every pair I own have a back pocket just above your tail bone. They have a zip and my IPhone 6s fits in fine just leave a slight gap for the wire of the headphones to get through. When you sit down in them too on benches etc. the phone is higher up so no worry about squashing it!

Have you looked into arm bands? I believe you could find something cheap on Ebay etc. x
  • I don't. I leave mine at the desk with the staff so they can answer if the school calls about the kids.

Then I go do my workout and focus 100% on the weights without distraction from my phone.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    edited June 2017
    My headphones are bluetooth to my phone, so nothing to store there (seriously - $20 on amazon, these are great for me - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LP6CFEC).

Then I either use the sport version of the Can-Can gun holster (I paid $10 extra to have one custom made to fix my iphone 6s in front left, my gun front right if I am out hiking, and a few pockets for keys, id, etc. - this thing is AWESOME - https://www.cancanconcealment.com/collections/sport-belt-holster/Classic), or I use a stashbandz - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZS3DCPY. Both work very well under yoga pants or shorts, and if sweating an issue I wear a sport wicking undershirt under it but usually i consider the extra sweating a bonus :)

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    I use an arm band at the gym. Looking at it it says freetoo and is black with a highlighter yellow stripe
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    I just set it down next to me.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    I carry it with me as my lifting app is on my phone to track sets/rep/weight
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    I use an arm band, my second option would be bluetooth headphones.
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    I have wireless headphones. So my phone is normally on the floor while I lift. I used to get so tangled with the wires. I'm never going back. I do have some Pink pants with deep pockets on the side - I love them.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    My headphones are wireless (huge & ridiculous looking too..those were what was available at the time with rew/fwd/pause/phone/volume controls on the head piece-fumbling on phone to do those things during a run sucks). Phone is in my purse in my bag (w/ water, fractional plates, collars, paper towel, and log book) on the floor next to the rack.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    I have an armband. It is not the most comfortable thing, but I have a huge phone that will pull my pants down on the rare chance it actually fits in a pocket. Otherwise I just carry my phone and sit it down when I need my hands. I also recommend the wireless headphones. Yeah, I have to charge them once a week, but it's so nice not to be tangled in cords.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    I set my phone down under a piece of the rack (or bench) where if I drop the weight, it's not going crushing down on my phone. I don't listen to music or anything while I lift...I like to focus solely on form and lifting with no distractions. Hubby has Bluetooth headphones and can carry his iPod in an armband or pocket with no issues.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Get some Superfit Hero shorts or capris with awesome pockets! If I'm pocket-less I usually just stuff my phone in the back of my waistband but I think I have done some damage with sweat.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    I use an armband. Sometimes it gets in the way of certain arm exercises but works well for the most part.

I can't have anything around my waist or in pockets. That gets in the way during squats and lunges and such.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Flip belt
    Arm band
    I've seen ladies keep it in there bra or strap